Chester Bennington found dead

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Why marrying and having 6 children when he thinks about suiciding from the beginning? Seems kinda unfair towards his family in my opinion.
Depression comes in many forms and those who have suicidal thoughts and tendencies often never show them. Often times people with suicidal mindsets end up living normal lives where no one around them even knows they are struggling and even often doing everything to live a normal life. Of course he got married and had kids, people expect that to bring happiness. Often times those just end up being a bandage on a bullet wound.
It's not a selfish action.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Horrible timing, reading this and right below it on the TMZ app, OJ Simpson getting parole. A 1-2 punch of bad news. Not a fan of the band, but it's still a really sad loss. May he rest in peace.

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depression comes in many forms and those who have suicidal thoughts and tendencies often never show them. Often times people with suicidal mindsets end up living normal lives where no one around them even knows they are struggling and even often doing everything to live a normal life. Of course he got married and had kids, people expect that to bring happiness. Often times those just end up being a bandage on a bullet wound.
It's not a selfish action.
I have a lot of love and respect for you Lilith, but how is it not a selfish action? Suicide doesn't end the burden of pain. It gives it to the people who love you and multiplies it.

Now they're wondering if they could've helped more. Thinking they did or said something wrong. They'll be haunted by this forever. He hurt them in a way they may never recover from, and they're now more likely to engage in thoughts of self-harm.

He could've shared it more. So what if it's repetitive? So what if it seems minor? Share it! Keep on sharing it! Let others in so they can be angry or cry with you!

Last edited by brickmii82,
S

Saiyan Lusitano

It's always unfortunate when people suicide from depression. His wife and kids are going to miss him dearly. :(

He was abused when he was younger. Abuse usually leads to depression, and depression leads to drug and alcohol abuse, and then it's just a downward spiral from there.
He just wasn't strong enough to surpass the abuse and allowed the depression to take over him.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I have a lot of love and respect for you Lilith(but you'll always be Crystal to me), but how is it not a selfish action? Suicide doesn't end the burden of pain. It gives it to the people who love you and multiplies it.

Now they're wondering if they could've helped more. Thinking they did or said something wrong. They'll be haunted by this forever. He hurt them in a way they may never recover from, and they're now more likely to engage in thoughts of self-harm.

He could've shared it more. So what if it's repetitive? So what if it seems minor? Share it! Keep on sharing it! Let others in so they can be angry or cry with you!
So I don't want to derail the topic too much, but I think it's important to have some input from someone who has tried to end their own life upon multiple occasions. It's a lot deeper than just ending pain and it's lot more complicated than people make it out to be. Often times it's impossible to share these emotions because of how people react to them, the last thing most of us want is attention for our actions. For me, I just thought the world was better off without me and that I was the mistake. It seemed that my death would have been far more beneficial for those around me at the time. I never considered my own actions to be selfish as I felt they were the greater good. Obviously I recovered and realize that it would have hurt more than it would have fixed, but at the time it was not a selfish action. I think better terms would be "reckless" or "ill thought," as they are often delusions of a greater fix through a simple action.

Last edited by The Catboy,

Anfroid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't help that he lost many fans when they turned to pop music, he even threatened to punch them in the face.

Either way, it still makes me sad. I really enjoyed their music.

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I don't want to derail the topic too much, but I think it's important to have some input from someone who has tried to end their own life upon multiple occasions. It's a lot deeper than just ending pain and it's lot more complicated than people make it out to be. Often times it's impossible to share these emotions because of how people react to them, the last thing most of us want is attention for our actions. For me, I just thought the world was better off without me and that I was the mistake. It seemed that my death would have been far more beneficial for those around me at the time. I never considered my own actions to be selfish as I felt they were the greater good. Obviously I recovered and realize that it would have hurt more than it would have fixed, but at the time it was not a selfish action. I think better terms would be "reckless" or "ill thought," as they are often delusions of a greater fix through a simple action.
Good points.

I would've been honored to give you (and Chester) a big, long hug anytime you needed it.

Raylight

Paranoid Temper
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't help that he lost many fans when they turned to pop music, he even threatened to punch them in the face.

Either way, it still makes me sad. I really enjoyed their music.
I wasn't a fan of their turn to pop and I'm not going to lie i didn't agree with it but I haven't been hooked on their music since Living Things and only liked one song from it, But I didn't take it out on Chester hell I love his Music from Dead By Sunrise. Sure Linkin Park isn't what it used to be but damn there must have been some harsh fans. My first thought on the news was the fans must have drove him to it but after reading up a bit it seems his friend is what pushed him over.

Reactions: brickmii82

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't a fan of their turn to pop and I'm not going to lie i didn't agree with it but I haven't been hooked on their music since Living Things and only liked one song from it, But I didn't take it out on Chester hell I love his Music from Dead By Sunrise. Sure Linkin Park isn't what it used to be but damn there must have been some harsh fans. My first thought on the news was the fans must have drove him to it but after reading up a bit it seems his friend is what pushed him over.

I'm upset about a whole bunch of aspects of his passing, but to make mention of Dead By Sunrise (appropriately have been listening to the album today) I'm upset that we won't see another album from them, at least not with Chester in it, and due to that I'd imagine not at all (or else I bet we'd have one by now).

I grew up with Linkin Park. I was probably 13, impressionable, and got hooked by seeing Breaking The Habit on MTV. This is the first celebrity death that I am legitimately disheartened by.

Raylight

Paranoid Temper
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm upset about a whole bunch of aspects of his passing, but to make mention of Dead By Sunrise (appropriately have been listening to the album today) I'm upset that we won't see another album from them, at least not with Chester in it, and due to that I'd imagine not at all (or else I bet we'd have one by now).

I grew up with Linkin Park. I was probably 13, impressionable, and got hooked by seeing Breaking The Habit on MTV. This is the first celebrity death that I am legitimately disheartened by.
Same I was going through allot of crap and even suicidal at the time and Linkin Park was the band that got me through allot.

Mitch__

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Mitch__,
S

Saiyan Lusitano

okay...this changes everything

Not, since when have we started believing scam site like YourNewsWire ?
Did the Mirror just call someone else fake news? :rofl2:

I wouldn't mind providing more sources but then it'd be called that they're "fake news" too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • A @ anotherthing:
    Online was free on the 3DS as well, and it worked well.
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I can't help but think nintendo switch online is the reason we did not get a gameboy/n64/gamecube
    mini classic edition
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, i think it would have been impossible to see anything in a gameboy mini
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    well I meant that as a figure of speech
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they could just rerelease a modern gameboy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    like the pocket analogue
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    but nintendo licensed
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    dammit that thread got moved from offtopic to edge, well since that happened
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Aeiou backwards