Chessmaster

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by JohnSearle, Dec 29, 2007.

1. JohnSearle
    OP

JohnSearle Member

Newcomer
    Nov 2, 2007
    United States
    I was just playing a rated game of Chessmaster, and I think I've encountered a bug.

I had put one of the computers in a position where they are not in check, but in one turn I could checkmate them, and there was nothing that could be done on their behalf. Now normally the computer takes about 15-20 seconds per move, but this move it just sat there for 20+ minutes 'thinking.' Has anyone else experienced this? Does the computer refuse to move a piece if it is put in such a position? I think that's a fairly major flaw, if that is the case.

- John

2. JohnSearle
    OP

JohnSearle Member

Newcomer
    Nov 2, 2007
    United States
    I ended up getting around the thing freezing up on me... I saved the game, and then reloaded it. The computer then moved a piece, finally. Regardless, it still is a bug :/

- John

3. K2Valor

K2Valor Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2007
    United States
    Was it a stalemate?

4. JohnSearle
    OP

JohnSearle Member

Newcomer
    Nov 2, 2007
    United States
    Stalemate is when your in a position where you can't make any moves that don't put you in check. So it's basically and endgame thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stalemate

- John

5. K2Valor

K2Valor Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2007
    United States
    That's what I thought you were describing in your post.

6. JohnSearle
    OP

JohnSearle Member

Newcomer
    Nov 2, 2007
    United States
    Nope... It was pretty much middle-game, and the AI still had a lot of other pieces to move.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice