Gaming Chessmaster

JohnSearle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just playing a rated game of Chessmaster, and I think I've encountered a bug.

I had put one of the computers in a position where they are not in check, but in one turn I could checkmate them, and there was nothing that could be done on their behalf. Now normally the computer takes about 15-20 seconds per move, but this move it just sat there for 20+ minutes 'thinking.' Has anyone else experienced this? Does the computer refuse to move a piece if it is put in such a position? I think that's a fairly major flaw, if that is the case.

- John

JohnSearle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just playing a rated game of Chessmaster, and I think I've encountered a bug.

I had put one of the computers in a position where they are not in check, but in one turn I could checkmate them, and there was nothing that could be done on their behalf. Now normally the computer takes about 15-20 seconds per move, but this move it just sat there for 20+ minutes 'thinking.' Has anyone else experienced this? Does the computer refuse to move a piece if it is put in such a position? I think that's a fairly major flaw, if that is the case.

- John

I ended up getting around the thing freezing up on me... I saved the game, and then reloaded it. The computer then moved a piece, finally. Regardless, it still is a bug :/

- John

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/GQetIIHYEnM?si=kDtdOAB4ZuGOIrfs