Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Plenty of people manage to start up a business making and selling them without begging for money from strangers and then expecting said strangers to also pay for the product that they just funded.
You do realize that "kickstarter" is a site to let people conglomerate on something that's done all the time? People fund startup businesses all the time. Hell, some rich people do it as a form of gambling, to see which ones get them a good return on their money or not.

Kickstarter is a site that lets normal users conglomerate to fund projects, instead of companies being limited to seeing funding from rich individuals or corporations.

"Begging for money from strangers" IS how many businesses start.

Reactions: 1 person

raybattousai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Plenty of people manage to start up a business making and selling them without begging for money from strangers and then expecting said strangers to also pay for the product that they just funded.
You do realize that "kickstarter" is a site to let people conglomerate on something that's done all the time? People fund startup businesses all the time. Hell, some rich people do it as a form of gambling, to see which ones get them a good return on their money or not.

Kickstarter is a site that lets normal users conglomerate to fund projects, instead of companies being limited to seeing funding from rich individuals or corporations.

"Begging for money from strangers" IS how many businesses start.

Only in this case its not really a business its just a one off run of carts. Your not funding an up and coming business and you wont see a return in profit in the future. Your just overpaying some guy to make stuff that hundreds do out of their basement. The fact that you need to donate at least $60 to get the game is ridiculous.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Only in this case its not really a business its just a one off run of carts. Your not funding an up and coming business and you wont see a return in profit in the future. Your just overpaying some guy to make stuff that hundreds do out of their basement. The fact that you need to donate at least $60 to get the game is ridiculous.
I take it this is the only kickstarter project you've seen? Projects there get funded all the time where people who chipped in for the funding still have to buy the product if they want it (with some of the projects offering discounts if you give higher amounts).

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I take it this is the only kickstarter project you've seen? Projects there get funded all the time where people who chipped in for the funding still have to buy the product if they want it (with some of the projects offering discounts if you give higher amounts).

I think this project is kind of silly... but hey at least it has a clear goal lol I might think its dumb but thats just my opinion.

I did get many laughs from the Nerd reviewing the game though. So maybe this project is worth it if he will review the "fixed" copy. Might be worth a laugh just to hear him say "WTF!!!! This is the fixed version? It's like adding raisins to a turd it still taste the same!!!!" or something like that. lol

raybattousai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I've seen plenty and their all bullshit

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
No I've seen plenty and their all bullshit
In cases where the "funding" is directly in return for the product for just yourself (as payment for parts and materials), the term is "commission"... like the guys who get commissioned to built those custom portable gamecubes and such.

Narkox

Trophies
XP
Country
So just wanted to share this with people, asked James why he supported this.
(the mars language is Lithuanian, sorry I forgot to change it to English and also excuse me for my terrible grammar in the letter)
9aHCX.png

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
So just wanted to share this with people, asked James why he supported this.
(the mars language is Lithuanian, sorry I forgot to change it to English and also excuse me for my terrible grammar in the letter)
9aHCX.png

You actually got James to respond to an email? Did you have to send him nudes first?

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thinking about it, Active Enterprises were scamming from the very start.
They charged $200 for a cartridge holding 52 of the shoddiest games produced for the NES, unlicensed and all. Moreover they had a TV advert for this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ3fVEA8lNE

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
They charged $200 for a cartridge holding 52 of the shoddiest games produced for the NES, unlicensed and all. Moreover they had a TV advert for this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ3fVEA8lNE

My parents actually bought that piece of shit for me. One of the capacitors blew on the board and blew a hole in the cartridge. I had to pick out tiny pieces of clear plastic out of my NES before any other games would fit.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
so its $60 for the cart but he said

"CARTS WILL BE AVAILABLE TO PUBLIC , BUT MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE( THINK 3X AS MUCH)
THE DEAL FOR KICKSTARTERBACKERS IS REALLY SWEET!
THE GRAND TOTAL WILL BE LIMITED THOUGH TO KEEP THE VALUE UP NOW AND IN THE FUTURE.
GREG"

so hes planning on charging $180 for them after the project finishes

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France

I love how on the ad they only show the two "good" games of the cartridge.

The 200$ were kinda justified (hardware), the cart was 2MB and the rom were extremely expensive back in the day.

so its $60 for the cart but he said

"CARTS WILL BE AVAILABLE TO PUBLIC , BUT MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE( THINK 3X AS MUCH)
THE DEAL FOR KICKSTARTERBACKERS IS REALLY SWEET!
THE GRAND TOTAL WILL BE LIMITED THOUGH TO KEEP THE VALUE UP NOW AND IN THE FUTURE.
GREG"

so hes planning on charging $180 for them after the project finishes

I think someone else (retrousb?) should make repros for cheaper and kick those scammers in the balls.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    13,600 MB/s though
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I got a 980 pro iirc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soldigms been pretty solid
    yeh 980 pro
    good enough tbf
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/gMNhZNI never heard about them but reviews are good
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Crucial SSDs work fine. I have one installed in my Xbox.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reviews seem positive.
    I believe I had some Patriot RAM running in a computer somewhere
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $250 is pretty solid considering
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With the refund it'll be about $150
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    6tb nvme pc ftw
    500 GB NVMe, 750 GB
    SATA SSD 1 TB HDD
    honestly I don't play pc games
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't game
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Once I buy this I'll be around 20tb worth of storage tho if we're talking all my drives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All this crap I got and all I do is pick up the GabeDick to fiddle with his happy stick
    idk the total storage cap I have
    50 TB orso
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I don't play PC games often. Mostly its all 90s-00s games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hm doing research quite possible my issue with this drive is bios related not detecting it fully
    run crystaldisk?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't think it would do much if gnome live even sees it as 2mb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vmd issue possibly
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Vmd issue possibly