Homebrew Suggestion Checkpoint RCM

MichaelShawJr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know anything about computer programming, but I think if someone could create a save manager like checkpoint that is either an RCM Payload, or if that's not possible, maybe an app that opens with an RCM Payload, kinda like hekate. It would make it a lot easier to transfer save files from Emunand to Sysnand or vice versa without dirtying your NAND with CFW. I know I would be willing to donate some money for this project. What does everybody think?

Reactions: MonMonz

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know anything about computer programming, but I think if someone could create a save manager like checkpoint that is either an RCM Payload, or if that's not possible, maybe an app that opens with an RCM Payload, kinda like hekate. It would make it a lot easier to transfer save files from Emunand to Sysnand or vice versa without dirtying your NAND with CFW. I know I would be willing to donate some money for this project. What does everybody think?
Considering there's been no activity in over a month, the jury is out on this one. There are multiple things wrong with such a tool that would make it not only similar but inferior to Checkpoint:
  1. RCM payloads are far more inconvenient to run compared to homebrew applications. This is because your console needs to be off or rebooted into RCM. Sure you can chainload it via Hekate but that involves a lot more steps than just booting the homebrew app directly
  2. It still taints whatever it is running in because save data is stored in the eMMC. Just because Nintendo cannot track payloads does not mean they can not track what they do. Ever heard of a closed-room murder mystery?
  3. This one is more of a hunch but I believe it is harder to make a payload than a homebrew application in terms of programming

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)