Checking PSP Firmware

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Yanazake, Jun 14, 2009.

Jun 14, 2009

Checking PSP Firmware by Yanazake at 8:26 PM (648 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Yanazake
    OP

Member Yanazake GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    I checked the FAQ and well, I want to check PSPs before buying them. It's written that I can check that in the box, but I couldn't find that information.
    So, one, can anyone post a photo of the place I need to check for that info?

Also, in there said that Madden versions, the blue psp, can be downgraded.
    So, two, can ANY psp that comes in a madden pack be downgraded?

And to finish off, about the pandora battery... If I readed that FAQ well, then some PSP Lite can't create a pandora Battery, BUT it seems there is a program/homebrew that "Emulates" a pandora battery. Would it work on a PSP that can't create one?

2. BKZ

Member BKZ GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Not all the Madden PSPs can be downgraded. I think there is like a 50% chance of getting a madden psp with a TA-88V3 motherboard. Also you don't need to use a pandora anymore. If the psp is hackable, just upgrade the firmware to 5.03, run ChickHEN R2 and run Hell Cat's Recovory Flasher to get CFW. If the psp can't have CFW on it, upgrade the firmware to 5.03, run ChickHEN R2 and run CFW Enabler. That will let you play isos on psps that can't have cfw.

3. Yanazake
    OP

Member Yanazake GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Ok, but how can I see if the PSP's motherboard is a TA-88V3 just by looking at the box? the FAQ on this forum says I can do that, but I failed hard at the store when looking for it >: