Cheats.

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by rich333, Mar 26, 2010.

Mar 26, 2010

Cheats. by rich333 at 12:42 AM (1,433 Views / 0 Likes) 17 replies

1. rich333
    OP

Member rich333 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Hey, theres alot of talk about cheats here and there. I dont get. Why do people use cheats?
    My friend had an Game Genie on for his NES, never understood it even back then...

Not having a go, just curious why they're so popular and what they're used for? I feel like i'm missing something here

2. ShinRyouma

Member ShinRyouma GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Indonesia
    People have their own reasons for using cheats. Mine is I don't have much time to play (I have to work) while there're so many good games. I choose cheat codes wisely, I need to finish the game quickly but not missing the fun, so usually I use max money and exp multiplier (I don't have to spend a lot of time grinding and I can buy strong weapons+armor early so I can finish the fight fast).

3. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    i use cheat codes to make the game better

some games is just horrible with some crazy turtle text speed!
    some games is just super slow! the game is unplayable! so i make a cheat to speed up the game!

of course i use cheats like walkthrough wall, movement speed to save my time [​IMG]

i hardly use those HP,MP codes
    that remove the fun part of the game

4. ShinRyouma

Member ShinRyouma GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Indonesia
    I thought you use cheats because it's your job, and you love your job a lot [​IMG]
    Just joking, elixir [​IMG]

5. mrfatso

Member mrfatso That guy!!

Singapore
    depends, if i am halfway through the game and i lost all motivation(case in point: a witch's tale) i just grab hp/mp never decrease, if there's a 1hko cheat, i probably wont enabled it just yet, maybe till i am 3/4.

As for other game, if it's the same old boring thing, like FF and i cant be ass to grind more than i need to, max money will save my ass.

So, it depend, i might feel like playing legit, but only if i have too much times on my hand or i feel like this game deserved every amount of time in it.

6. mercluke

Member mercluke ‮҉

Australia
    i use cheats to make a game fun
    like the khan and size modifier codes in elite beat agents

there are a tonne of fun codes for pokemon games such as the one where you input the number of the pokemon you wish t encounter into your poke'tch if you in an invalid number like 0 then you get fun results [​IMG]

also, the most fun i ever had playing gta: cw was by using the tank code and seeing how long i could rampage before i died or got busted [​IMG]

7. Donixs

Member Donixs GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I use cheats because I hate losing.

So I cheat to win. IDC, I just want to.

8. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    i like what i am doing [​IMG]
    thats for sure...

i use cheat because i want to improve my gaming experience
    however, i prefer grinding but i agree with your point of view
    best armour, max stats just to speed up the game [​IMG]

9. choconado

Member choconado Doesn't understand a damn thing on here

United States
    Sometimes a game is too hard, and i'll want to see the end, or at least later parts of the game. Seriously, I'm a nut for stories. I used to do that all the time on the NES knowing full well I'd be disappointed in the endings. (bonus surprise: Monster Party's bizarro ending made it all worthwhile)

10. Tac 21

Member Tac 21 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    convienice. I always mention "walk thru walls" when someone mentions "why cheat?"

11. N00ByBo0

Newcomer N00ByBo0 Advanced Member

Netherlands
    What i always do is complete the game first without cheats. And to have more fun in one game i use cheats for have some extra hours fun.

12. Leo Cantus

Member Leo Cantus So zeta slow!

United Kingdom
    Some people do it for fun, like after they have completed it and want to mess around. Others (like me) do it in Pokemon games to get Event Pokemon. They only come out once and if you miss it then you can't get the certain Pokemon you want ever(unless you trade it).

13. 5%

Member 5% GBAtemp Fan

There are cheats to give you an advantage in a game(max money code and such which will inevitably affect your overall gaming experience), cheats that improve the game(text speed x2, walking speed x2, etc) and cheats you can have fun with and not affect the gameplay i.e. appearance changes, different camera angles, etc. Changing Links tunic to blue, or your protagonist in pokemon to a team rocket member, or changing Kirby in canvas curse to king Dee Dee Dee are fun codes & I want to use this second to give thanks to those who forged these codes, and those who are making these kind of codes

[​IMG]

14. syko5150

Member syko5150 GBAtemp Syko!

United States
    i like to use cheats to make the games harder eg. no random battles and attempt to beat a game only by doing forced battles lol

15. mk.2

Newcomer mk.2 Advanced Member

Australia
    Because I don't have so much time for gaming like I used to. Cheats can speed things up.

16. Pliskron

Banned Pliskron Banned

United States
    I don't use cheats but I do use RTS so I don't have to go though a whole level and waste time. I also like to use sav files so I can unlock the harder levels without having to beat a game 10 times. As for cheats I use them with wifi games like Mario Kart because you can't even play without them.

17. I am r4ymond

Member I am r4ymond PFE

United States
    It's somewhat of a "Game Enhancer" when you're bored. Like, if you finished a game and have nothing to do, it's time...to....HACK! Or..people just like using cheats because they need help in a special part of a game.

18. Arm73

Member Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Italy
    I don't really use cheats on modern games ( however sometimes I use cheats for 8-bit retro games that are insanely difficult or just impossible to finish without cheating ),
    however I do use walktroughs or maps when I really get stuck in a game and might quit to play altogether.
    Another reason I've used whalktroughs recently, was because I wanted to finish some games that I was really far into, but stopped playing a few months ago for lack of time.......I didn't know where to go and what to do next anymore, so thanks to the walktrough, I was able to pick it up from where I left and eventually keep going by myself once I got the hang of it again.

But cheating in a multiplayer game just to improve your score and look cool...........that's a total failure and if you do that you are nothing but a pathetic looser !
    I never really honestly needed any cheat in DS / Wii or modern PC games.....they are already easy as it is nowadays......but when I get to play 8 bit emulators ( like Spectrum, C64 ) than I don't see why not..........if I didn't manage to complete those games in 25 years , what am I waiting for ?