ROM Hack Cheats only with solo games ?

jujuassou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gabon
Hello, now with the last CFW we can use homebrew and real games, and with checkpoint we can backup & restore our saves, and we can "hack" these with cheat, for mario odyssey (coins), pokemon quest, splatoon, zelda etc !

i want to know something, we know if you cheat ONLINE your console is ban, but if you play solo ? (with wi fi on) but solo ?

If i cheat in all my games even splatoon 2, with wifi on, but without go online ??? safe or not ?

cause in mario odyssey there is a luigi's mode :/
in splatoon 2 i can buy all weapons but the game is online (without play online)

etc etc ? help me please cause i don't want be banned but i want to cheat only in solo mode.

D

Deleted-442439

Using "illegal" values will get you banned if the game communicates with any servers. Most of them do (high scores in jump rope for example) and Splatoon basically reports everything, so no it is not safe to use "cheats". Modifying your coin count in Mario would however not get you banned.

Simply consider how the values might be used online and how the servers would need to handle stuff / keep track of stuff, but always presume the answer is yes.

jujuassou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gabon
okay Thanks U !! and if i cheat, but after that, i restore my LEGIT save ? it's okay ?
or i play offline, i do what i want just for fun, then i RESTORE legit save and turn wifi on ?
cause i understand you will get banned if you cheat online with other player but solo...even the wifi is on... :(

D

Deleted-442439

okay Thanks U !! and if i cheat, but after that, i restore my LEGIT save ? it's okay ?
or i play offline, i do what i want just for fun, then i RESTORE legit save and turn wifi on ?
cause i understand you will get banned if you cheat online with other player but solo...even the wifi is on... :(

Keep WIFI off always when using Homebrew if you want to be 100% safe, and only go online with a vanilla system. We don't yet know what Nintendo can detect.

jujuassou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gabon
yes we need more time to really know, i will stay offline and try the clear log option when i lauch CFW :)
Thanks you ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.