Hacking Cheat loading problem?

quikshadow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so I have an n5 and ive been trying to add yu-gi-oh world championship 2008 to the usrcheat.dat cheatlist. The problem is that my n5 wont recognize just this game for cheats, all my other games have cheats but this one. So, using a cheat code editor and the action replay, i made just one usrcheat.dat that held only yu-gi-oh. Then i pulled my old usrcheat.dat, saved it to my computer, download the latest cheat.dat. Now when i go to play on my n5, none of my games but yu-gi-oh pull up with cheats. What should i do?

Yes my cheats are saved under system.

Yes I have the latest firmware.

Yes all my games work fine.

gokuguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Wrong section, should be in N5DS section, just to let u know next time.

2. The best way to fix this would be to search on here for cheat.dat downloads, & eventually u will find a page with downloads with names like GBATemp.net 12-21-08 CHEAT.DAT & stuff like that. None of those worked for me so i did this. Get the one that has the CHEAT.XML, put it in ur Action Replay Code Manager folder inside your local_codelists folder found from My Computer, C Drive, Program Files, & Datel folder. Open the Code Manager, & the xml file should now be in the bottom in Custom Codelists. Open it up to see all the codes it already has. If it doesn't have the games u want in it, put them in it normally. After your done, X it out, go back in Local_Codelists folder, copy & paste the cheat.xml you just updated to the desktop for easy access. Now open your Cheat Code Editor program. Now, press the button that shows a piece of paper & the letters XML on it, & open the xml file thats on the desktop. If it says that there was an error loading the code list, it still should have some of the games on it. Look to see how far it goes(usually stops on Megaman ZX: Advent (E)) Delete whatever game it stops putting codes on, & delete it while on Action Replay Code Manager. After this is done, do it again, & it should load fine. After it does load correctly, you can press the floppy disk to save it. Leave the name as it is, dont rename it. It will have usrcheat as the name. save it to the desktop. now press the clean sheet of paper to start a new cheatlist & open your newly made usrcheat.dat file, to make sure it worked properly. now put ur micro sd card back into the cpu, & go to where your cheat.dat or usrcheat.dat file is. put your new usrcheat.dat file into the same spot, overwriting or deleting the old one. YOU CAN ONLY HAVE 1 CHEAT FILE AT A TIME. if u have 2, it will mess the cheats up, & they wont work on ur N5. Test them out to see if they work now. If they don't, ill try to find the right solution, just repost this in the N5 section.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Toxic pills are best
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, He fucked around and found out.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Lol Veho
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O OMG. A Very EXPENSIVE way to find out :ohnoes:
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    He was trying to whip shitties but instead he wiped out and ate shit.
    +3
    He was better off Whipping his own :shit:. :unsure::unsure::unsure: But then again.. Maybe not. Eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whip it real good
    Nah. Cool Whip is better :D
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cool wHip
    Especially on Chocolate Ice Cream :D:wub::D
    awwwh :shit: ! I shouldn't have done that. Now that song will play on my mind ALL Day :sad::cry:
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder how long it will take for my number to port over lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dm it to me and you'll find out
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :ninja: