Gaming CHEAT.DAT and USRCHEAT.DAT

holychild

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I was hoping someone can help me. I downloaded the cheat.dat and usrcheat.dat and placed it on my R4 _system_ folder. It says it has the game ragnarok online ds in it. Now I dont know how to actually use the cheats! when i load ragnarok it just goes directly to the game without asking me to activate any cheats! Do i have to rename my ragnarok game into something? HELP!

Holy Child

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If it's got the cheat and everything then instead of loading it up you look at the touch screen and there should be an icon sayign Cheat (Y), click it and then activate which cheats you want
moogle.gif

Reaper

Tͩ͒ͥ̈́ͧ̓͑̆̂
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you don't see it, get rid of usrcheat.
If it still doesn't work, use Yasu's R4 Cheat Editor to delete unwanted games off the list until it's around 3MB

holychild

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it still wont read as i have codes to it. I used yasus cheat editor and It says I have the codes but it wont read it... what is the ragnarok online ds game id?

DSftw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe you didn't name the cheat file correctly. What kind of R4 flash cart do you have? I have the R4 SDHC clone and for me, I have to download the USRCHEAT.dat from the GBAtemp directory and rename it as CHEAT.dat in order for it to read it. When I download the CHEAT.dat from GBAtemp, I think my r4 reads it as corrupt or something because the cheats don't even pop up for any of the games.

leoboiko

Trophies
Website
namakajiri.net
XP
Country
Brazil
DSftw said:
Maybe you didn't name the cheat file correctly. What kind of R4 flash cart do you have? I have the R4 SDHC clone and for me, I have to download the USRCHEAT.dat from the GBAtemp directory and rename it as CHEAT.dat in order for it to read it. When I download the CHEAT.dat from GBAtemp, I think my r4 reads it as corrupt or something because the cheats don't even pop up for any of the games.

Hey thanks for that. I have one of those SDHC battery-eater monsters and could never make cheats work with it. Will try later.

hanul_son

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
leoboiko said:
DSftw said:

Hey thanks for that. I have one of those SDHC battery-eater monsters and could never make cheats work with it. Will try later.

uhh I think i have the same problem
i tried that method changing the usrcheat.dat to cheat.dat
i downbloaded the usrcheat.dat from gbatemp too
i checked the "game enabled" on the r4cce
the codes showed but even though i checked it, it still doenst work
like when i (x) one in pokemon soulsilver
it still doesnt work
im having torubles

somebody ples help me?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat