Cheap chinese Wiimotes - Worth it?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by MisterPantsEyes, Sep 19, 2016.

1. MisterPantsEyes
    OP

MisterPantsEyes GBAtemp Fan

Jan 10, 2015
    Laos
  2. PokeAcer

PokeAcer Banned

Banned
    May 28, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Wales
    I have a cheap chinese one and it's OK; the speaker is usually shit but nothing else has issues. I wouldnty suggest the motionplus chinese clones but get one and see how they are; you always have the button to return :P

3. Wabsta

Wabsta you fight like a dairy farmer

Apr 25, 2008
    Netherlands
    SCUMM Bar
    I've had a LOT of cheap chines wiimotes.

And that is because they don't really last. Some of them were / are really good. Got them when the Wii was ~1 year old. And they're still being used from time to time at my mother's place.
    They were a bit more expensive, iirc, and from DealExtreme, and not some random ebay seller.

Those particular you linked, I have them too, 2 of them. They suck. I think the wiring inside must suck or something. Even though the batteries are new / full. They stop working from time to time (as much as a few times in just 20 minutes of gaming). Then I have to give the batteries a good shake and it starts working again. But very annoying.

4. grossaffe

grossaffe GBAtemp Addict

May 5, 2013
    United States
    No. I read a bunch of reviews on that one and thought it would be okay, but the wiimote stopped working after a short time, and the nunchuk's joystick wore out and became loose.

5. MisterPantsEyes
    OP

MisterPantsEyes GBAtemp Fan

Jan 10, 2015
    Laos
    Wabsta, I found the same Wiimote in another color on DealExtreme and the people say it's good. http://club.dx.com/reviews/70788 Maybe you just got a bad one?

And I could do without Motion Plus, but then I can't play Skyward Sword. :/

6. CallieMarie

CallieMarie Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2016
    Netherlands
    I have only tried one non-Nintendo Nunchuk and it felt different, and had some kind of fault. After my experience I would not buy another.

7. Wizardkoer

Wizardkoer Wii Veteran

Jul 14, 2015
    Australia
    I've had three off ebay... they died within 3 months. But then I went to EBGames (Australia), and bought a used wiimote for $20 still working. And my original remote from 2010 still works flawlessly. This is what you call quality.

8. DavidRO99

DavidRO99 Average Ryzen user.

Jun 11, 2016
    Korea, North
    your back-door
    wiimote 2008, still working, im a true savage

9. king_leo

king_leo Real Hero

Sep 12, 2009
    De RigueurMortis
    If your willing to gamble go for it, I've bought 2 and one died the others still going. Id probably just go with a legit wiimote used off like ebay or something it's worth it for the long run

10. Wizardkoer

Wizardkoer Wii Veteran

Jul 14, 2015
    Australia
    Yep +1 this, just got wii motes preowned off ebgames for $20 AUD and works perfectly :). I've found that Nintendo ones are always better than those even costlier aftermarket wii motes.

king_leo likes this.
  11. Glyptofane

Glyptofane GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 12, 2009
    United States
    Please don't do this to yourself. I've rarely ever had any generic/fake controller turn out well.

12. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    the speaker in the official ones is already shit!

Ryccardo likes this.
  13. PokeAcer

PokeAcer Banned

Banned
    May 28, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Wales
    Not like both of my knockoffs; constant noise on the speaker and crackling occasionally but oh well

Ryccardo likes this.
  14. xcrazyboy92x

xcrazyboy92x Member

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2016
    United States
    The fake ones are not worth it since they break easily so it's better to buy official ones since they cost more but they work better.

15. CallieMarie

CallieMarie Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2016
    Netherlands
    Out of generic controllers, the only good one I've had is my Wii U Pro controller.

16. foob

foob GBAtemp Fan

Dec 26, 2007
    The quality of the Nintendo remotes is so fantastic and the prices so low on second-hand consoles (with remotes) that I wouldn't consider anything else (and haven't). Add to this the fact that nearly all of the second-hand ones you buy are in excellent condition (thanks to the excellent squishy rubber jackets) and you have a recipe for excellent second-hand choices.

17. hobbledehoy899

hobbledehoy899 Conniption Master

Nov 13, 2015
    United States
    Kernel Version: Linux 4.14.6-1-zen
    just buy a vibrator instead