Charge time using Power Pak+ Charing Cradle

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by gumbyx84, Jul 22, 2011.

Jul 22, 2011
  1. gumbyx84
    OP

Member gumbyx84 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Battery was about to die on my 3DS today while browsing the eShop (big surprise) and I was about to put it on the cradle when I decide to just plug in the AC cord so I could keep browsing. I left it plugged into the AC adapter when I was done. Took a nap and woke up 4 hours later to find the system completely charged. This surprised me because normally it takes forever (far longer than 4 hours) for it to charge when I plan it on the charging cradle. Has anyone else with a Power Pak + tried this and gotten the same results? I don't really care either way, but it is odd to say the least. I've had weird issues with the PP+ cradle in the past, like the system not being "completely" charged unless it wad shut off my being on the cradle.

Would appreciate any feedback you guys can give.

2. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    In general, slower charging equals longer battery life cycle. 3rd party chargers may charge quicker, but it's better to charge a battery slower.

3. gumbyx84
    OP

United States
    The third party charger does charge slow. Slower then the official charge. I did say that in my post

4. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    I thought you meant the official 3DS cradle, and according to what you said, it takes forever to charge your 3DS with it.

5. gumbyx84
    OP

United States
    Allow me to explain: The cradle Im talking about comes with the Power Pak+. I used the AC Adapter that came with my 3DS and it charged faster than using the Power Pak+ cradle.

Sorry for confusion.