Hardware Changing Wii U motherboard

Punch15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I were to change my AUS gamepad motherboard to a US motherboard would it change the region(kinda sounds like a dumb question)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If I were to change my AUS gamepad motherboard to a US motherboard would it change the region(kinda sounds like a dumb question)
Of course. The region is in the gamepad firmware, which is why the error message appears when it tries to update the gamepad firmware, since the region it tries to install doesn't match what's already in the gamepad. Possible to flash a new firmware to change the region but no one's figured out how to interface with the gamepad to flash a firmware yet AFAIK.

Reactions: Punch15

Punch15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course. The region is in the gamepad firmware, which is why the error message appears when it tries to update the gamepad firmware, since the region it tries to install doesn't match what's already in the gamepad. Possible to flash a new firmware to change the region but no one's figured out how to interface with the gamepad to flash a firmware yet AFAIK.
Where can I find a motherboard for Us ?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Where can I find a motherboard for Us ?
I thought you already found one since you were asking :P
If you can't find a mainboard on eBay, your best bet is getting a broken one with a good mainboard, like one with a smashed screen, faulty sticks or buttons, but sometimes you get shafted with those and end up with other faults that the description didn't mention.

Punch15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought you already found one since you were asking :P
If you can't find a mainboard on eBay, your best bet is getting a broken one with a good mainboard, like one with a smashed screen, faulty sticks or buttons, but sometimes you get shafted with those and end up with other faults that the description didn't mention.
Thank you very much thought i was going to need to buy a another gamepad over $100+

Last edited by Punch15,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)