Changing user agent

Discussion in 'PSP - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by SifJar, Feb 24, 2011.

Feb 24, 2011

Changing user agent by SifJar at 10:31 PM (636 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. SifJar
    OP

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    I was wondering: is it possible to change the user agent of the PSP? Perhaps via a proxy or something? I know that I can setup a proxy on my computer to do this, but that means my computer needs to be switched on, in which case I would generally use IT for going online, not my PSP. So what I was thinking is would it be possible to modify something like PHProxy (http://sourceforge.net/projects/poxy/) to give a different user agent, and set up the PSP to connect via it?

2. Invisible Man

Newcomer Invisible Man Member

United States
    You could always try decrypting and hexediting "vsh/module/htmlviewer_plugin.prx" and "vsh/module/htmlviewer_utility.prx" (search the files for "User-Agent" and change the string directly after). I haven't tried this myself but I can't see any reason for it to not work.

(obviously this is not worth trying for anyone who has a late 2000, 3000 or Go)

As for PHProxy I've never used it so I can't help in regards to that, just wanted to throw a possible alternative idea out there. [​IMG]

3. SifJar
    OP

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    I don't have CFW, it'd be a bit of a hassle just for that...

EDIT: But thanks for the suggestion.