Changing user agent

Discussion in 'PSP - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by SifJar, Feb 24, 2011.

1. SifJar
    OP

SifJar Not a pirate

Apr 4, 2009
    I was wondering: is it possible to change the user agent of the PSP? Perhaps via a proxy or something? I know that I can setup a proxy on my computer to do this, but that means my computer needs to be switched on, in which case I would generally use IT for going online, not my PSP. So what I was thinking is would it be possible to modify something like PHProxy (http://sourceforge.net/projects/poxy/) to give a different user agent, and set up the PSP to connect via it?

2. Invisible Man

Invisible Man Member

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2010
    United States
    You could always try decrypting and hexediting "vsh/module/htmlviewer_plugin.prx" and "vsh/module/htmlviewer_utility.prx" (search the files for "User-Agent" and change the string directly after). I haven't tried this myself but I can't see any reason for it to not work.

(obviously this is not worth trying for anyone who has a late 2000, 3000 or Go)

As for PHProxy I've never used it so I can't help in regards to that, just wanted to throw a possible alternative idea out there. [​IMG]

3. SifJar
    OP

SifJar Not a pirate

Apr 4, 2009
    I don't have CFW, it'd be a bit of a hassle just for that...

EDIT: But thanks for the suggestion.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice