Hacking Changing the bootloader on EZ Vi?

Daniel Carville

Fantastic.
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.dcvidya.com
XP
Country
So, the 3DS has an activity log, and of course, I'm using my Vi on it, so it displays Tak in my logs.

I know you can remove Tak from the logs, but I had hoped maybe I could change the bootloader so it displays it's self as a different game, maybe Final Fantasy or something?
Yes, it's purely cosmetic, but still, is this possible?

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The bootstrap is tied to the game the cart is spoofing as. Changing said game would require adjustments to the bootstrap to make it work w/ the new game. No team offers multiple bootstraps so that you can pick the game you want the cart to spoof as. To do so would be a waste of resources. You are stuck w/ the one they chose. The EZ Flash team for whatever reason chose Tak.

Sorry if your friends think Tak is for babies. If you want a new icon you are going to have to buy a new flash cart. The SCDS2 and AceKard 2i spoof as Alex Rider, maybe they would think that's cooler. ;-)

D

Deleted-236924

Besides, if they know you're using a EZ-Flash Vi and not whatever game it shows up as, it should be alright, isn't it?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, the fact that their icon hasn't changed since...well since they started blocking DSi flashcarts, shows that there is good reason for the Tak spoof. Also, the Acekard uses a different game now (dunno about the DSTWO...I can't remember at the moment) but overall, you aren't ever going to see any spoofs with the cooler looking game icons...ever...for ANY flashcart...ever...All other DSi compatible flashcarts have had to change their icon at least once (:/...I'm seriously drawing blanks about the DSTWO though...) and none of those have had any "decent" game icons...unless you count the Stormbreaker one.

D

Deleted-236924

jurassicplayer said:
Well, the fact that their icon hasn't changed since...well since they started blocking DSi flashcarts, shows that there is good reason for the Tak spoof. Also, the Acekard uses a different game now (dunno about the DSTWO...I can't remember at the moment) but overall, you aren't ever going to see any spoofs with the cooler looking game icons...ever...for ANY flashcart...ever...All other DSi compatible flashcarts have had to change their icon at least once (:/...I'm seriously drawing blanks about the DSTWO though...) and none of those have had any "decent" game icons...unless you count the Stormbreaker one.
DSTwo went from Fish Tycoon to Alex Rider.

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
Also, the Acekard uses a different game now

Does it? I thought it went from Danny Phantom or something like that to Alex Rider. I don't own one so I don't really follow it (obviously), juts vague recollections from reading other threads. Oh well.

It could be worse, at least they didn't pick Homie Rollers, Dora Puppy or Bratz :-)

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
KidIce said:
jurassicplayer said:
Also, the Acekard uses a different game now

Does it? I thought it went from Danny Phantom or something like that to Alex Rider. I don't own one so I don't really follow it (obviously), juts vague recollections from reading other threads. Oh well.

It could be worse, at least they didn't pick Homie Rollers, Dora Puppy or Bratz :-)
The 3DS update for AK2i uses Atama de DO! Kotenko Kotenko
gt1646.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-