Hacking Changing SD Cards

Francesca

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
The SD Card on what was formerly my 10.3 sysnand 3DS is only 4 GB in size, so not nearly big enough for cia installation now that I can use it for that after the downgrade.

However, I have finalised (it seems at least) the installation of everything on it using that 4 GB card. If I buy another one, twice or four times as sizeable, and simply copy n paste the contents from the 4 GB SD, will everything (RxTools, menuhax, etc.) work the same way or will I have to reinstall stuff? Anything else I should be aware of?

I will format the new card before usage of course.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just copying everything won't be enough, you have to make a emunand on the new card and inject a backup from your old card into it using emunandtool. THEN you can copy everything else across.

Francesca

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
In this guide,

creating emunand is step 5. Are steps 1-4 unnecessary if I copy the old SD files before I create the emunand?

Have yet to have any experience with emunandtool however.

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's a couple ways to go about this. You can also create an image of the sd card and write the image with something like win32diskimager then simply resize the partition on the new card, with one of a couple tools (if the new card is larger...if they're the same size, it'll be a 1:1 copy, if the new one is smaller, this route won't work). The other options given here also work fine, if you don't feel comfortable with this route, or if you're for some reason going to a smaller card...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @Sicklyboy, ip please?