Changing a roms Internal name?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Lanexi, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Lanexi
    OP

Lanexi Member

Newcomer
    Aug 14, 2009
    United States
    Sorry i just registered here and im not sure if this is where this belongs but i have a normal platinum version and bloody platinum and i was wondering. Is it possible to change the roms internal name that way i dont have two Pokemon Platinum On my Acekard 2i and if it is how do i do it?

Im new here and i apologize if this doesn't belong here or if im not even meant to request help with such low posts >.

2. Gryphon93

Gryphon93 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 30, 2008
    You can use a program like DSBuff to change the header of the ROM. Just open the file in DSBuff and change the title (it appears in the embedded description-box to the left of the icon-viewer) and then save it (press the save-icon. It's a floppy disc). Your ROM should now have another "internal name". I hope it helped!

Btw. You'll find DSBuff if you look in the Downlaod-section I think.

3. benjaminlibl

benjaminlibl Funky Member

Jul 15, 2009
    Senegal
    Singapore
  4. Lanexi
    OP

Lanexi Member

Newcomer
    Aug 14, 2009
    United States
    I tried google i kept searching it in many ways and nothing came up so i decided to ask here im sorry if it was burden >.

5. benjaminlibl

benjaminlibl Funky Member

Jul 15, 2009
    Senegal
    Singapore
    I was kidding. See bottom of previous post.

Actually I hate it when people do that. Especially those LMGTFY spammers.

6. Gryphon93

Gryphon93 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 30, 2008
  7. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    I will point out RomeR:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=223

That is a somewhat older version and it was forked once or twice but it should still work. Also while that was aimed more at homebrew I seem to recall rominator gained the functionality for commercial games.

Failing that you could always use a hex editor and something like ndsts to fix the "damage" you do to the header or you could even fix it by hand
    http://nocash.emubase.de/gbatek.htm#dscart...ryptionfirmware

I have the custom CRC16 loaded into my hex editor:
    [​IMG]