Changed my Battery pack into a 2200mah

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by altorn, Aug 19, 2009.

Aug 19, 2009
  1. altorn
    OP

Member altorn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Hello,

I need help finding a good one for my problem.
    I used to always use a crystal case with my PSP but lately the battery life wasn't enough for me
    so I bought a larger capacity battery.

The problem is, its bulkier on the back and it doesn't fit my crystal case anymore. I've been
    looking for a casing that is compatible with the larger battery pack but to no avail...

Is somebody else having a problem about this? Can anyone link me to a good casing or protector from
    scratches?

Thanks!

2. clegion

Member clegion GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    no there isn't since you are using non-standard battery on your psp, you have to use psp 1000 case, but if it's bulkier than that, nothing fits anyway

3. Chris_Skylock

Member Chris_Skylock GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Philippines
    it's better to buy a crystal case than to buy a silicon case. It's better not to have one at all. you'll be fine without crystal case but dont buy a silicon. TOTAL scratches on your PSP if you do buy silicon one

4. clegion

Member clegion GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    silicon scratch everything, my ds, my blackerry, my psp, and it tried on my laptop

5. Chris_Skylock

Philippines
    it's better to go on without a crystal case. sure, you dont lay your PSP while playing, right? unlike the DS. put it in a bag or pouch when you're done.

6. ShinRyouma

Member ShinRyouma GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Indonesia
    I've never use crystal case or silicon case and my PSP still smooth, because I use PSP pouch. After play I clean my PSP with cotton cloth, no need for cases.

My friend (he owns a game shop) says that battery 2200mAh is useless, it doesn't extend the play time, but I don't know if it's true or not.

7. altorn
    OP

Canada
    hmmm.. I usually use my psp to listen to music while travelling so i have a pouch too.. but when i play games, my hands get sweaty (like when fighting a wyvern in Monster Hunter).. It's a drag to wipe it off everytime I play so if there are any more opinions, i would openly consider.

No, it is useful, from 8hours music playing time, it went up to 12hours. Game time is now roughly 8hours with full sound.. Standby of up to 18hours... I love it. Except of course, the bulkiness...

If i dont get any more good opinions, I could always change the faceplate can I? [​IMG]

Thanks for the help guys!

8. Chris_Skylock

Philippines
    you can just ignore the sweaty hands. get an eyeglass clothe and wipe it off. if it has fingerprints, just ignore it. atleast you're not in my case where mine already scratched up because of the silicon case+crystal case i bought

9. altorn
    OP

Canada
    mine already is scratched too actually. (bought this slim last 2007)

Yeah, i guess i'd buy a transparent faceplate so i won't notice the fingerprints.

THanks guys.
    salamat tol.