Hacking Changed Font in G6real.

Jojses

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello all G6real-users...
I think many like me hate the font in G6real menu? Then check this thread : Font
It´s Catflap26 who have hexedit menu.eng so now it´s the much nicer sans-serif font.
Works with versions 2.8, 2.7e and 2.7d......

bulletmark

Trophies
XP
Country
I've complained for months here about the ugly English font. You mean it is a simple fix? Why the hell haven't the G6 team addressed this in any of the many new firmware updates they have released?! I just don't understand those guys.

xJonny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They might be trying to fix bigger problems, and forgotten/neglected this one. I was annoyed at it a little, and I realized all the other languages had the nicer font (since testing multi-languages), I realized it was probably something simple and thanks to this, it is fixed.

bulletmark

Trophies
XP
Country
I realized it was probably something simple and thanks to this, it is fixed.
It is not a "fix". It is a hack which has to be discovered, downloaded, and remembered to be applied at every firmware update by those few who find out about it here. There are also potential version/compatibility issues at every update. It's only fixed when the G6 team adopt it in the official firmware.

xJonny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It fixes the issue I meant, in the next version the same method could also probably applied if not already "fixed fixed". it doesn't matter if it's a fix or a hack, but to me it's fixed a problem that was in the firmware. I don't mind that its unofficial, it does it fine without problems at least until the next update.

Loop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats awesome!!
It always impresses me what ingenuity people show when faced with annoying problems like this.
grog.gif

Now... if only G6 would take a moment to implement some extra drop-down menu in the settings page...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk