Changed Font in G6real.

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Jojses, Dec 26, 2007.

Dec 26, 2007

Changed Font in G6real. by Jojses at 10:19 PM (1,125 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Jojses
    OP

Newcomer Jojses Member

Sweden
    Hello all G6real-users...
    I think many like me hate the font in G6real menu? Then check this thread : Font
    It´s Catflap26 who have hexedit menu.eng so now it´s the much nicer sans-serif font.
    Works with versions 2.8, 2.7e and 2.7d......

2. xJonny

Member xJonny ...

Yes I've tested it and its working (G6 Real)

3. bulletmark

Member bulletmark GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I've complained for months here about the ugly English font. You mean it is a simple fix? Why the hell haven't the G6 team addressed this in any of the many new firmware updates they have released?! I just don't understand those guys.

4. xJonny

Member xJonny ...

They might be trying to fix bigger problems, and forgotten/neglected this one. I was annoyed at it a little, and I realized all the other languages had the nicer font (since testing multi-languages), I realized it was probably something simple and thanks to this, it is fixed.

5. bulletmark

Member bulletmark GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    It is not a "fix". It is a hack which has to be discovered, downloaded, and remembered to be applied at every firmware update by those few who find out about it here. There are also potential version/compatibility issues at every update. It's only fixed when the G6 team adopt it in the official firmware.

6. xJonny

Member xJonny ...

It fixes the issue I meant, in the next version the same method could also probably applied if not already "fixed fixed". it doesn't matter if it's a fix or a hack, but to me it's fixed a problem that was in the firmware. I don't mind that its unofficial, it does it fine without problems at least until the next update.

7. Loop

Member Loop GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thats awesome!!
    It always impresses me what ingenuity people show when faced with annoying problems like this.
    [​IMG]

Now... if only G6 would take a moment to implement some extra drop-down menu in the settings page...