Suggestion Change the post requirement for the "Ask!" section

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's probably due to the newness of your account, because of spam you probably need to reach 100 posts first.
That's absolutely ridiculous. You can make a new thread at 0 posts, but can't ask a question in the proper section to do so until 100?!? No wonder GBATemp is flooded with noob help threads. It should be reversed- you can't make a new thread until 100 posts (except in the EOF of course ;)) but you can ask a question immediately.

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you can't make a new thread until 100 posts (except in the EOF of course ;)) but you can ask a question immediately.
Well, maybe not 100 posts in Ask alone, that would be kinda weird.
Maybe like uh, 20 or so. I guess.
I agree with the point at the top though. These "noob help threads" should be in Ask, but theyre not allowed to go there!

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
That's absolutely ridiculous. You can make a new thread at 0 posts, but can't ask a question in the proper section to do so until 100?!? No wonder GBATemp is flooded with noob help threads. It should be reversed- you can't make a new thread until 100 posts (except in the EOF of course ;)) but you can ask a question immediately.
It may or may not be 100 posts -- probably less -- but the limit is only a temporary measure due to a particularly bad spamming of the section. I'm not against removing the limit.

Reactions: VinsCool

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It may or may not be 100 posts -- probably less -- but the limit is only a temporary measure due to a particularly bad spamming of the section. I'm not against removing the limit.
Oh, really? That section was spammed once? That section was USED once? :wtf:
But look at the results... The actual forums are the ones getting spammed instead.

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
If you made a limit on making new threads, then it would just encourage nokbs hijacking other threads to ask their own questions. This is why the Ask section exists. Personally, I think that there should be a confirmation before posting a thread for new users, informing then that the Ask section will get quicker and more thorough responses (whether or not that's true :P ).

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Would this only apply to new topics? So would these "noobs" be able to post in existing topics?
because that could cause some "I cant make a topic so I hijacked this one", unless you point them to the relevant Noob Paradise thread somehow.

edit: nice ninja :ph34r:

Reactions: endoverend

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps you're right: limiting thread creation might not help anything. What should be done is changing the message that shows up when making a thread to point to either the noob paradise thread or the ask section.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1