ROM Hack Change RomFS?

Pokem

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm modding Pokemon right now, and I find launching Hans every time I want to use the mods a bit of a hassle, so I'm wondering if there's a way to install the modded RomFS into the game itself so every time I launch the game, the modded RomFS will always load up without using Hans? Replacing the legit RomFS of the game with the modded RomFS? If there's a way to extract the RomFS from the game itself, there has to be a way to do the opposite right? If so, are there any guides laying around I can use?

Last edited by Pokem,

Thee_BaBs

I do things, sometimes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Thee_BaBs,

Pokem

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't directly install the romfs to the cartridge as they are read-only. However, you can repack the romfs as a .cia (download eshop format) and install it with cfw. You can set up a permanent cfw with this guide:
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

This tutorial should cover repackimg the romfs in to a .cia:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-decrypt-unpack-rebuild-3ds-and-cia-files.433934/

I have A9LH, and did everything up to the decrypt a game part. It's really that easy? I just drag and drop the modded files from my modded romfs and place it in the decrypted romfs and rebuild the CIA?

Thee_BaBs

I do things, sometimes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have A9LH, and did everything up to the decrypt a game part. It's really that easy? I just drag and drop the modded files from my modded romfs and place it in the decrypted romfs and rebuild the CIA?
Read below post

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You should be able to just replace the decrypted romFS file with the modded one and rebuilding since they are both decrypted. No need to copy the modded files between the 2 RomFS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: