Change Internet settings with a homebrew app

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Snowmanne, Jan 18, 2012.

Jan 18, 2012
  1. Snowmanne
    OP

Member Snowmanne GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Is there a homebrew application that can change the Wii's internet settings? If not can one even be made to change the settings?

2. Tom Bombadildo

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States
    Like...what do you mean? Explain more?

3. Snowmanne
    OP

United States
    You know when you have to change your Wii's internet settings to connect to the internet, is there a homebrew app that change the settings insted of going to the Wii settings in the system menu.

4. Tom Bombadildo

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States
    ...are you too lazy to do that yourself? It takes like a minute, no ones gonna make a homebrew to do something you can already do.

5. Snowmanne
    OP

United States
    I'm not lazy, I'm just in the homebrew channel more than the system menu and I always have to edit my internet settings cause my signal fails to connect to the Wii the first time every time.

6. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Settings Editor has a shortcut to the internet settings. Can be useful if you're bringing your all-pimped wii to a friend's house*. But really change it: no. Not to my knowledge.

*changing the settings by going through that boring grey menu would be like bringing a luxurous car to a party...and then having to start it with wires because you lost your keys: it misses the appeal.

7. Snowmanne
    OP

United States
    That's even better, but if I use Settings Editor GUI to change the internet settings will it return back to the homebrew channel or the system menu?

8. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Erm...I think I didn't make it quite clear. Settings editor has a shortcut to the internet settings page. Unlike the other options of the program, it doesn't change the settings itself. It just runs that menu that's hidden somewhere in the internet settings of the wii. So you basically quit settings editor to the menu.

9. Snowmanne
    OP

United States
    I did understand you the first time, overall it's a good app.

10. Ayyyyyylmao

Newcomer Ayyyyyylmao Newbie

United States
    Sorry to bump an old thread, but does anyone know of an app that will let you configure the internet settings without going through the regular system menu? My Wii freezes on the black screen every time I try to get into it, and I've already tried re-installing the system menu as well as the shortcut in Settings Editor GUI, but nothing seems to be working. I also don't have any custom themes or anything installed.

11. GreyWolf

Member GreyWolf GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Sounds like you installed system menu pieces from the wrong region. Have you tried completely reinstalling the latest SM from original NUS files?