Hardware Change internal hard disk to my CFW PS3?

Tackskull

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi guys, I have a cfw ps3 and I would like to change the internal HDD to a a 2tb HDD. Ps3 supports internal 2tb HDD? To change internal hard disk what have I to ddo? Some told me about a backup but I don't understand anything about this stuff, can you tell me step by step?

edit: I woul like to know what is the size of the internal hard disk ps3 support, I know there are some different sizes out tthere.

Last edited by Tackskull,

Charismatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last I checked, PS3 only supports up to 1TB. Probably would not recommend going anything higher than that, unless someone here has their PS3 HDD above 1TB. As for transferring your CFW HDD to a new one, I would assume to use a Hard Drive dock like the Thermaltake BlacX Hot-Swap SATA, connect both the CFW and new HDD to your PC, and copy-paste the CFW HDD contents over to the new one. Can't guarantee this will work as I just got into PS3 CFW and set mine up from scratch with a new 512GB SSD.

For HDD/SSD size, my 512GB SSD is 2.5inches and it fits in my 2001A PS3 Slim with no issues. I would say stick to 2.5in HDD/SSD (Laptop). I was reading a few articles online that some folks have gotten their 3.5in HDDs working on the PS3.

Tackskull

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Last I checked, PS3 only supports up to 1TB. Probably would not recommend going anything higher than that, unless someone here has their PS3 HDD above 1TB. As for transferring your CFW HDD to a new one, I would assume to use a Hard Drive dock like the Thermaltake BlacX Hot-Swap SATA, connect both the CFW and new HDD to your PC, and copy-paste the CFW HDD contents over to the new one. Can't guarantee this will work as I just got into PS3 CFW and set mine up from scratch with a new 512GB SSD.

For HDD/SSD size, my 512GB SSD is 2.5inches and it fits in my 2001A PS3 Slim with no issues. I would say stick to 2.5in HDD/SSD (Laptop). I was reading a few articles online that some folks have gotten their 3.5in HDDs working on the PS3.

Thanks a lot :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)