AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Have you tried going into settings? At fucking all?
Have you tried going into settings? At fucking all? Because if you had you would know the wiiu browser does not have that option. Here is a tip for the future if you are going to be a fucking dick on here at least get your facts right.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Afaik there is no way to set a homepage.
However, what you can do is leave one tab opened with the page you want to enter directly upon booting the browser.
Once you have that tab opened, turn off the system or do whatever else you want.
Every time you boot up the browser again (even after a coldboot), you will enter the page you left opened on your last session.

rw-r-r_0644

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You can edit browser homepage to redirect to another page (using iosu to access folders). But nobody has tried that yet :P (So it may or may not work)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If indeed there is no option, or it is a pain in the arse hack to do, then what about the network approach? Typically you are going to want a real router for this one, or maybe stick it through a PC/laptop which can fake it, but you might be able to get by on basic parental controls.
Figure out what the default homepage is, set the router to block that site and redirect it to your chosen homepage. Will not work if it is a local to the device page but if it does go out onto the wider network then you can do it, if it is an IP address rather than a website you might have other problems on a basic content filter for your router or using DNS but I doubt even Nintendo would hose it up bad enough that they hardcoded an IP into a browser.
Other problems will be if you actually want to go to the original homepage (hopefully it is not a shop or something you might want from time to time) but I suppose you could then find another means to do it.

Ideally I would hack it should it be necessary but if end results are what matters...

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Leaving the page you want as home opened in one tab is the way to go, every time you reopen the browser it'll be there unless you close it.
That's the best to go around it if you don't want to do anything too fancy with network or IOSU hacking the browser ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Leaving the page you want as home opened in one tab is the way to go, every time you reopen the browser it'll be there unless you close it.
That's the best to go around it if you don't want to do anything too fancy with network or IOSU hacking the browser ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

this is what I did as well when using the browser hacks. it was unintentional by me, but it did the job. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, My friend passed away 3 days ago. :( +1