Hacking chance we'll get an SNES emulator too?

regnad

Button Masher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Any chance we'll get an SNES emulator, too?

I'm not going to hold my breath -- I stopped holding my breath for a homebrew compatibility update long, long ago -- but it sure would be nice.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why are you all think you need a powerfull dsp to run a snes emulator on DS ?

@regnad : give a try to a french coder homebrew called SNEmulDS. It doesn't require any DSP to run.
If you have an ez 3in1, insert it and you will have 16MB of extra ram to make it run better.

SNEmulDS 06 WIP2

@all : and no ! this emulator is not dead, i talked to Archeide and it's just in stand by.

regnad

Button Masher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm using SNEmulDS.

There are a lot of issues with it. Some games work, but many do not, and many run but with significant problems.

If it's only on stand by, it's been that way for over two years.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
here's hoping that Archeide will resume the works with the Homebrew bounty coming (back) up
smile.gif

if there's money at stake we might have an update? not implying that hes greedy but it's not gratifying to always publish stuff for free and get rewarded with people moaning about a game that doesnt work or whatever reason

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes Costello. It's because of that kind of event that such project can all of the sudden return to life again.

If Archeide is not aware of the Homebrew bounty, be sure i will try my best to tell him.
wink.gif

@regnad : there are many options in this emulator and if you don't tweak anything and let default settings some games will not run properly.
The best example is by default the emulator speed is set to fast and games like DKC2 are unplayable because they are too fast !

Do you use the last version ? Filetrip link

regnad

Button Masher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I have the latest version and several older versions.

All three Donkey Kong Countrys have freezing problems, to use your example, and this is consistent with all versions. Other people complain about this problem, but it seems to be particularly bad for me. I suspect it's related to EZ Flash's general homebrew compatibility issues.

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SNEmul works way better than the ds2 emu at the moment. The best snes emu I've seen is on the wiz or the new caanoo should have a new port soon.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nothing is dead when you have sources. Archeide is a great coder it's sure, but the main part of his emulator is from a another genious : the guy who made the CPU emulation in ASM. Respect !
bow.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up