CFW on PSP Slim 4.05

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Giangsta, Jun 14, 2009.

Jun 14, 2009

CFW on PSP Slim 4.05 by Giangsta at 4:31 AM (2,652 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Giangsta
    OP

Member Giangsta GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Hey fellas, a friend of mine just asked me (2 weeks ago) to put CFW on his slim PSP with official firmware of 4.05. I did a bit of researching and i was gonna use this guide:

http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/f133/tutor...lim-or-t210546/

Unfortunately the guide says it wont work for (Late Model slims that came new with 4.01)

So here i am, and i need the help of someone who's got the knowledge to help me out [​IMG]

2. Diablo1123

Member Diablo1123 Newcomer

United States
    That means if the PSP is a TA-88v3 motherboard I think, if that's the case, then you'll need to setup Custom Firmware Enabler on it, which also works.

3. Giangsta
    OP

Australia
    alright, sweet. Now how do i get around to doing that? [​IMG]

4. BKZ

Member BKZ GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    First enable ChickHEN R2 on the psp then run the CFW Enabler and you will be able to play ISO/CSO. Just don't shut down the psp or you will have to re-do everything and it might take a while for chickHEN to activate because it took me like 30 tries to finally get it. It all depeneds on luck.

5. Giangsta
    OP

Australia
    LOL does that mean there isnt a method to actually install CFW onto the PSP? re-doing the process for each time i'd like to play would be quite a pain =(

6. Livin in a box

Member Livin in a box Livin' in a cardboard box

United Kingdom
    No, just put your PSP to sleep. When you exit the game via the Home button, the CFW is still there. It resides in the RAM. And anyway, once you've run chickHEN and installed CFW, if your PSP does happen to shut off or whatever, it really doesn't take long (usually first time) to get it back on again. It does with me anyway, and it took me an hour to get chickHEN running.

7. manobon

Member manobon GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Also, it's important to know that you need to upgrade to 5.02 (or is it 5.03? ah, I forget- google!) OFW before using ChickenHEN R2.

There are other sites/tutorials that explain this better, and I would link, but not sure if that is okay or not.