alex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't really understand the state of this, but I've heard things like, "No, CFW doesn't work on PSP Slim", "Yes, CFW IS possible on PSP slim", "Slim has less homebrew compatibily", "GoW edition doesn't work with CFW", and "I got CFW working on my GoW edition PSP working perfectly."

I want to get a CFW on my PSP, it's the God of War edition, I got it the first day it was out, if that matters. Does CFW work on it? If my brother made me a Pandora battery to get me in service mode so I can install it, with a extra Slim battery. He would make me a battery, and I need a Memory Stick Pro Duo, 512 MB? This is what I have:

-128MB Max Memory- When I got my PSP, I had no Memory stick, and my brother had two of these for no reason.
-512MB Sandisk Memory Stick Pro Duo(I think)- Someone gave this to me
smile.gif

-2GB Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo with MagicGate-I know this is official, I got it at... Gamestop or Walmart? I forgot...
-USB Cable for PSP to Computer Link-Got it off some camera of something, I think a multi-card reader

I heard about the extra memory stick having to be 512+ MB and MagicGate supported. Would I be able run CFW?

I just had to make a new topic, asking in other topics is rude, and someone else may not have everything like me, so it's harder to understand for me.

alex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, does anyone have a picture? Or a Youtube video? Because I don't want to waste 10 dollars on a battery and some more(how much?) for a MagicGate supported MSPD, 512 MB.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've installed CFW on 3 phats and 1 slim so far with no problems. The "GoW" PSP is just a look for the PSP. It has no bearing on the innards.

alex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh, okay, I heard something about new motherboard or something(not that good at this kind of stuff) and it would not let you, but if it does, great! Thanks for the help people! My brother has a battery before his got bricked by the Russian version. When D-A I heard was pressured by Sony, he's back up though!

So does my extra memory stick have to be magicgate?

Edit: Does it make a difference if might PSP is a PSP-2001? It says at the bottom.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Don't take my word for it, but I'm guessing that if your PSP says "PSP-2001", that probably means it has the new motherboard, which supposedly can't be pandora'd. I see no other reason for the PSP to be labeled 2001 if it wasn't for a new motherboard.

However (once again, don't take my word for it) I THINK I heard that the GoW PSP CAN be pandora'd. The problem is it can't MAKE a Pandora. That's what I heard, anyway. So if I'm right, yes, you can get your GoW PSP Slim to CFW. You just can't make a Pandora battery with it.

I'll do some research for you and get back to you if I find anything.

EDIT: Okay, just some quick info. Yes, you can get CFW on to a God of War PSP Slim.

Proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0lsRBB1s2A

alex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks man! My brother DOES have a phat battery to pandora-ize, but he's not going to make it until he buys a new battery for his phat. So I have to wait... His got bricked by the other firmware when D-A stopped for a bit, so he's going to unbrick his, but he sold his 8GB with like, emulators, like, ten games, more? I think like one or two PSX games.
frown.gif

And the PSP gets bricked by bad firmware updates right? Or an incomplete one, and it shuts off. Any thing else besides bad homebrew that bricks it? Or anything?

cosmo2389

Trophies
Website
www.myotaku.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if the GoW PSP Slim is CFW compatible or not (wow that's a lot of abbvs), there are ways to tell (look here? and then search to see which motherboards are not compatible because that guide is a couple months old).

Also a PSP-2001 refers to the Slim line of PSPs not the motherboard. The original "Phat" line were known as PSP-1001.

alex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh, okay, I thought it should have said 2000, like what it is called.
tongue.gif
I know I was like, So many abbv. when I posted it. Yeah, it looks like it works, and I have an early copy, so it should work.

And one more question:
I have SOCOM U.S. Navy Seals Fireteam Bravo from a friend, and I'm going to dump it once I get CFW, so I see when I go online it says "Checking for updates", does that mean for the PSP, or for the game? And do some games lose Infrastructure compatibility? One of the main reason I download ahem... BUY a game is for online play, mostly FPS, or a shooter. Like SF, or SOCOM. (Any recommendations?)

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
My only warning with a Slim would be to be VERY careful with your firmware. A long time ago, when I tried to downgrade my other friends PSP Slim, I did it succesfully, but bricked it by accidentally running a homebrew that was for 1.50 kernel. I was used to my Phat, which has 1.50 kernel support, but the Slims DO NOT. So make sure that when you get homebrew, that it's Slim compatible. (Most of the main homebrews are Slim compatible right now, but sometimes you gotta look around a bit for them)

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
lostsoul5673 said:
Oh, okay, I thought it should have said 2000, like what it is called.
tongue.gif
I know I was like, So many abbv. when I posted it. Yeah, it looks like it works, and I have an early copy, so it should work.

And one more question:
I have SOCOM U.S. Navy Seals Fireteam Bravo from a friend, and I'm going to dump it once I get CFW, so I see when I go online it says "Checking for updates", does that mean for the PSP, or for the game? And do some games lose Infrastructure compatibility? One of the main reason I download ahem... BUY a game is for online play, mostly FPS, or a shooter. Like SF, or SOCOM. (Any recommendations?)
It means for that game. If the game needed updates to run, it wouldn't even start in the first place.

alex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, thanks for the advice people! I set to go right?
I man I wish there was an English anime dating sim online or something, not that I'm a perv or anything... an H game?
tongue.gif

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Yep, you're all set to go. I just reread your other post. All games (except player to player ones) lose online play eventually. None have yet though, although I think OutRun 2006 has, it never works when I try to play online.
frown.gif

alex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh, okay. Wow though, SOCOM FTB 1 is still there, you know how old it is? IT HAS UPDATE 2.00!!!
tongue.gif
I think SF:CO is older, there's like, 60-80 people on a once, SOCOM? pssh, sometime 5000, right now? around 7000

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Warcueid said:
Don't take my word for it, but I'm guessing that if your PSP says "PSP-2001", that probably means it has the new motherboard, which supposedly can't be pandora'd. I see no other reason for the PSP to be labeled 2001 if it wasn't for a new motherboard.

you're guessing, and you're wrong

don't throw out random thoughts if you don't actually have a clue

my red gow psp also says psp -2001 and works just fine with cfw

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Tikker said:
Warcueid said:

you're guessing, and you're wrong

don't throw out random thoughts if you don't actually have a clue

my red gow psp also says psp -2001 and works just fine with cfw
Do you know what "guessing" means?

"To arrive at or commit oneself to an opinion about (something) without having sufficient evidence to support the opinion fully

I warned him both times that it was just a guess, and I could have been misinformed. Besides, I even showed him proof later that it COULD be hacked. Read the whole post, idiot.

alex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, one more question!
I downloaded Phantasy Star Portable(I can't buy online a lot, if I got the chance I would since I like having the box and manual) but I don't know what to do. It said it was an .iso file, but I get a lot of files. What do I have to do to get it to run on the PSP? Please, I want to try the game out, I've heard good things about it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?