Hacking CFW on a 11.6.0.39 E New3DS ???

TariqYasiin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Hey GUYS!! I own an unhacked New 3DS running on 11.4 E but I don't currently have the flashcard or the tools necessary to hack into it and install CFW and at the same time I want to be able to use all of its features including online so I'm thinking of updating to the current firmware version 11.6.0.39. E. But since i'm planning on hacking the system once I get the right flashcard I was wondering if it's possible to install Luma on the New 3DS model running on the latest firmware using an ntrboot flashcard? And if there are any other (easier) methods that I can use instantly , please inform me. I've already visited 3dsguide but I'm always a bit lost there lol...

Last edited by TariqYasiin,

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Reactions: TariqYasiin

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your best bet is either an ntrboot cart or a Single-System DSiWare Injection (SeedMiner). They both have their advantages - the Single-System DSiWare Injection is incredibly cheap, but having an ntrboot cart is very good also because you can use it to hack other 3DS systems, it can be used to play DS / DSi (maybe? can't remember) games with just about perfect ROM compatibility (including hacks) (better than TWLoader) , and can be used to unbrick your system without a hardmod (unless it's an MCU brick of course).

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I personally think NTRBoot boot is both the easiest and best method. It gives an exploit method that you can use over and over again, allowing you to hack any of your future systems. It also gives you an NDS flashcart for playing NDS games, so you have that as well.
Although sending your 3DS out to be hardmodded is technically the easiest, as once it's hardmodded it's extremely easy to install B9S from there.
Side note, with all current methods (NTRboot, hardmod, DSiware) there is really no need to worry about make nor OFW version. None of these methods can be patched out via OFW patches and Nintendo has used the same bootrom for all version of their 3DS, from launch old3DS to the latest 2DSXL. So basically the same exploits are usable on all hardware and can be patched out through OFW updates.

Last edited by The Catboy,

Toasty

Queen
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I personally think NTRBoot boot is both the easiest and best method. It gives an exploit method that you can use over and over again, allowing you to hack any of your future systems. It also gives you an NDS flashcart for playing NDS games, so you have that as well.
Although sending your 3DS out to be hardmodded is technically the easiest, as once it's hardmodded it's extremely easy to install B9S from there.
Side note, with all current methods (NTRboot, hardmod, DSiware) there is really no need to worry about make nor OFW version. None of these methods can be patched out via OFW patches and Nintendo has used the same bootrom for all version of their 3DS, from launch old3DS to the latest 2DSXL. So basically the same exploits are usable on all hardware and can be patched out through OFW updates.
I kind of figured most of us had an old flashcart just laying around from the DS flashcart days. I do, I just popped it into my DS lite to be reflashed, no extra money spent.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
I kind of figured most of us had an old flashcart just laying around from the DS flashcart days. I do, I just popped it into my DS lite to be reflashed, no extra money spent.
I really wish I was part of this era. I never owned a flashcart until ntrboot was a rumor (seeing as Normatt was one of the main AK devs back in the day, I invested in an AK2i for fear of retailers price gouging). I was a PSP kid, since the NDS cost money to pirate on, and it made no sense to me since all of my friends at the time had Marieo Kart, NSMB, and Animal Crossing. That's all we cared about, so I never ventured out to the amazing library the NDS had to offer. This all said, my AK2i hasn't even been setup to be used for ntrboot yet.

Last edited by Joom,

Toasty

Queen
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I really wish I was part of this era. I never owned a flashcart until ntrboot was a rumor (seeing as Normatt was one of the main AK devs back in the day, I invested in an AK2i for fear of retailers price gouging). I was a PSP kid, since the NDS cost money to pirate on, and it made no sense to me since all of my friends at the time had Marieo Kart, NSMB, and Animal Crossing. That's all we cared about, so I never ventured out to the amazing library the NDS had to offer. This all said, my AK2i hasn't even been setup to be used for ntrboot yet, be
It's ironic you bring up prices; I always thought the DS was the best bang for your buck because the psp was sooo much more expensive and totally lacked Pokemon, Mario, Zelda, etc. I thought only rich kids had PSPs.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
It's ironic you bring up prices; I always thought the DS was the best bang for your buck because the psp was sooo much more expensive and totally lacked Pokemon, Mario, Zelda, etc. I thought only rich kids had PSPs.
As far as homebrew was concerned, the PSP was cheaper. Since they were also really flimsy (especially the UMD drives) I had an abundance of them that I either traded for or bought for incredibly cheap. The NDS didn't really hit it off here either. I mean, I and a few friends had one, but we only played Animal Crossing and MKDS. In fact, I didn't even really start playing the NDS library until I got my AK2i. I pretty much missed that generation. Since I could just throw CSOs on my PSP's SD, it was the cheaper solution at the time.

TariqYasiin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
https://3ds.hacks.guide/

And that color of font is impossible to read..

But, I believe you can install homebrew on any firmware now.
I changed the font color lol. And yeah but I had my fears and I really wanna make sure before I do anything.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You do have seedminer you can look at as its still available to use. Its https://gbatemp.net/threads/seedminer-single-system-dsiware-injection.495685/ simply requires a $2 eshop dsiware game. Sudoku. and if your pc isnt that great, or if your confused on how the process works, you can ask in that thread and folks will be able to help get everything ready.
Thank you so much my friend, I'll check that now!

Your best bet is either an ntrboot cart or a Single-System DSiWare Injection (SeedMiner). They both have their advantages - the Single-System DSiWare Injection is incredibly cheap, but having an ntrboot cart is very good also because you can use it to hack other 3DS systems, it can be used to play DS / DSi (maybe? can't remember) games with just about perfect ROM compatibility (including hacks) (better than TWLoader) , and can be used to unbrick your system without a hardmod (unless it's an MCU brick of course).
As for the ntrboot method, I've tried it before and it's super efficient, but this DSiWare Injection thing is super new to me and it's being mentioned a lot here I'm starting to get interested, I'll check it out now!

I can help you with seedminer if need be.
Thank you so much, I appreciate what how you all trynna help everybody around here, is there any way we can message here? I'm no*ob and this seedminer thingy is new to me!

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.bundleupdates.com
XP
Country
Australia
I changed the font color lol. And yeah but I had my fears and I really wanna make sure before I do anything.
Thank you so much, I appreciate what how you all trynna help everybody around here, is there any way we can message here? I'm no*ob and this seedminer thingy is new to me!

i'll send PM soon

TariqYasiin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Thanks so much for the valuable info!

Last night it was 4am in the morning in my time zone when someone here commented something about how I don't appreciate the people helping me, it popped in my phone and I read it but couldn't even type back i was half asleep. * are they that stupid, or don't they have any basic knowledge of how time zones work?*

I never owned a PSP when I was a kid, it was too much for me, and I was happy with my GBA lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay