CFW on 3000

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by 8BitWalugi, Dec 16, 2009.

1. 8BitWalugi
    OP

8BitWalugi Taiyohhhhhh!

Mar 22, 2008
    Australia
    Side 7
    Okay, I've read everywhere all this info about CFW on 3000 and I'm still unsure if It's possible!

So, can I get a straight answer on:

Is is possible?
    Yes, how to install
    No, then what the hell is 5.03 GEN-C for?

Okay, cool! Thanks!

2. Jamstruth

Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

Apr 23, 2009
    North East Scotland
    Running CFW on a PSP 3000 is possible but it does not flash the firmware on the motherboard, it just runs from the memory stick or something
    To install run ChickHEN then run the 5.03GEN-C installer. Note will only run until you shut down your PSP, there is a plugin which allows you to shut down though (Senja or something like that) If you do turn off you will have to run ChickHEN again which is a bit fiddly.

3. FNQer

FNQer Member

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2009
    Sydney
    if you have the latest official firmware installed on your brite - then you can forget, at least for the time being, hacking it. look up in system info in xmb.

developments in homebrew and cfw is fluid, so perhaps in future it will become hackable.

check up on chickHEN or mhuspeed & homebrew enabler to confirm/verify my statement above. most Slim and all Phats are hackable with full cfw. only one version of Brite with lower(ish) ofw can run homebrew enabler.

4. ZeWarrior

ZeWarrior TheWarrior

Jul 2, 2007
    Brazil
    First of all, you need to be on 5.03 or lower (and if lower, you need to update to official 5.03 before install ChickHEN R2), if you're above, forget it now.

5. prowler

prowler Sony

Jul 14, 2009
    Ragol
    wutdahelluonaboutFNQer.

Any firmware on a 3K higher than 5.03 can not be hacked as of yet.
    and wut he said