CFW Folder Blocker

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Skyline969, Jul 19, 2009.

Jul 19, 2009

CFW Folder Blocker by Skyline969 at 10:09 AM (1,551 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. Skyline969
    OP

Member Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Canada
    So, in some games, if it searches your memstick and finds something it doesn't like, it deletes it. This includes plugins like cwcheat. However, this plugin's designed to block the deletion of your plugins. Presenting, CFW Folder Blocker by Torch.

Ok, now that I've introduced the plugin, I've got a question about it - does it work on 5.03 GEN-A? I don't want to brick my PSP3000 by getting a plugin that messes with my flash0....

2. Spartan117H3

Member Spartan117H3 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It should work for GEN A as it is for CFW. Also, not many plugins mess with flash0. You should always back up your flash0 anyways.

There are only two games listed there that cause problems. Unless you install the games or are planning to, I'd say that it's an unneccesary waste of space unless you find problems with other games. The readme says it would protect Seplugins AND your ISO folder, not only Seplugins.

3. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    All in all it's a plugin that doesn't see much use, despite it's cleverness. And no it won't touch flash0, although unless you have particular games in mind i don't even see why you'd bother.

4. Skyline969
    OP

Canada
    The bad thing is that I have no clue how to back up my flash0. [​IMG] And touching it with my luck would result with me bricking my poor PSP. And I want to play a game that's not even listed there but has protection in it - Rock Band Unplugged. It deletes folders as well if run from an ISO.

5. triassic911

Member triassic911 Burst Mode

United States
    Yeah, I wanted to play Rock band Unplugged as well but I've read that it touches some files/folders on your memstick. If this thing works, let me know.

6. Spartan117H3

United States
    Rockband Unplugged did not do anything to my MS. I'm running CFWE 3.60, I don't need the program listed above. Also, to back up your flash0, use PSARDumper running HEN only since nothing is flashed yet, if you have GEN installed, delete it as it is written into flash. I can't tell you how yet but I'll edit as soon as I figure out if the method works.

7. xist

United Kingdom
    Shame this plugin supposedly doesn't work for RBU. Just put a blank text file in your Game folder and you'll be fine.

And i've just read the above.....since PSARDumper is a tool for decrypting eboots, mind telling me how that would be useful in backing up flash0?

8. Skyline969
    OP

Canada
    A blank text file? I'd probably drop that into every targetable folder then - GAME, ISO, VIDEO (inside ISO), and seplugins.

9. Spartan117H3

United States
    I'm actually confused myself about it but when I used PSARDumper, it gave me all 3 flash0 files that you would see if you changed your USB to read from flash0 rather than the memory stick. It also gave me other stuff too, like the folder where CFW is installed.

The problem with this is is since when you change it to usb flash0 mode, I'm not sure how you'd put the PSARDumper files in as it has more files than the flash0 files.

Eg.
    Flash0: dic, font, vsh.
    PSARDumper: data. dic, font, kd PSARDUMPER, vsh, reboot.bin, reboot_02g.bin, reboot_03g.bin

I'm actually not sure how PSARDumper works so I just assume while it decrypts OFW eboots, it grabs your flash0? I'm just guessing as the bolded files above match the flash0 files I have.

10. xist

United Kingdom
    No it doesn't have anything to do with flash0 at all.

11. Spartan117H3

United States
    Then why do I get the same folders I find in flash0 or the folders that are found in flash0? I don't get why when you change your USB mode to flash0, it doesn't show the folder "kd" which is where some CFWE files are stored. Also, how would you back up your flash without CFW on it then if PSARDumper doesn't work? I've googled a couple threads that tell me to use PSARDumper in HEN mode.