CFW Folder Blocker and ME

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by TecXero, Jun 6, 2014.

1. TecXero
    OP

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    I've found surprisingly little information about this. I've decided to check out the ME CFW, but there doesn't seem to be an option to protect the CFW folders from ISOs that might remove them or act differently if present. I just want to know for sure if it does or doesn't hide CFW folders by default. If not, it's not a big deal, I'll just install the CFW Folder Blocker plugin.

Also, I've seen conflicting info on the Execute OPNSSMP.bin in ISO and Execute PBOOT.PBP options. If someone can explain exactly what they do, that would be great.

I've been out of the homebrew seen for a while and just came back a few months ago. Even then, I haven't really looked into anything relating to official software until very recently.

2. MrShyCity

MrShyCity Member Class Zero - No.00 SHY

Sep 13, 2012
    Flip
    I don't what that is I never used it before but OPNSSMP.bin/PBOOT.PBP (don't which one) is allow you to update your game (ISO) via xmb by pressing triangle (must be connected to wireless)

3. TecXero
    OP

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    That's in line with what majority of other posts have said about PBOOT.PBP, so I'll take it as truth then. OPNSSMP.bin seems to be something for decrypting the eboot, but either it's been worked around or the information I'm finding is misleading. I'm still searching around for answers.