Homebrew CFW Bug? - Missing apps/icons.

Ron457x2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, I have this strange issue going on with my N3DSXL. My 3DS has a9lh and Luma and is on the current fw. I first noticed that the Luma icon was missing. Every time that I tried starting it up it gave me an error stating that the SD card has been removed. I started FBI to see if I can uninstall/reinstall Luma but to no avail it made the issues A LOT worse. All my games, hacks, etc have gone missing and yet my data is still on the card.

(As confusing as that sounds just know it's not appearing on my 3DS menu but I still have the data.) I really need help here I don't know what to do and GBATemp is usually the place I go to for answers

Does anyone know what's going on here?
Please help, thanks. [Trying to stay calm as possible but in reality I'm screaming like a mad man internally]

Ron457x2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luckily I do have a spare (running the test as well), any ideas of what I can do to fix this? Open towards any suggestions.

Edit/Update: Ran the test, added the contents to my spare and everything seems to be working perfectly. You were right on the dot about my SD being possibly corrupted. Thank you very much you saved me a lot of stress my friend.

Last edited by Ron457x2,

Ron457x2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was a really strange bug. One that can really mess up your 3DS even more if you don't know what you're doing.
  1. Run the H2Testw on your corrupted SD card. (Download it from google if you do not currently have it)
  2. Once its done, test it out on the 3DS to see if the issue was fixed. (It worked for me but to be on the safe side I still used my spare SD card)
  3. If this didn't work, create a folder and move your files from the SD card to this folder.
  4. Then move the contents from the folder you just created which contains your 3DS SD files, to the spare/new SD
  5. Run the program again on the spare/new SD card, and insert it to your 3DS.
You should be up and running again your with apps, saves, etc; :toot:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PRMX5mX-hvs?si=JdjNrndYJ7PelC7q