1. Zane_Julien

OP Zane_Julien Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    Hey,
    Ich habe ein Problem mit meinem 3ds. Wie es passiert ist ist schwer zu erklären, wichtig ist:
    Der CTRNand ist leer, Luma ist in FIRM0 installiert, und wenn ich Booten will, kommt eine Fehlermeldung, "unable to Mount CTRNAND vor CTRNAND FIRM."
    Was soll ich jetzt machen???

alexander1970 likes this.
  2. alexander1970

alexander1970 Austrian Guy - allowed make grammatical Errors

Austria
    Hallo.:)
    (Bitte versuch in ENGLISCH zu schreiben,da dies ein englischsprachiges Forum ist.Du kannst ruhig den GOOGLE Übersetzer verwenden.Danke !!) :)
    (Please try to write in ENGLISH, as this is an English speaking forum, you can use the GOOGLE translator.Thank you !!) :)

If it is ok:

I have a problem with my 3ds. How it happened is difficult to explain, the important thing is:
    The CTRNand is empty, Luma is installed in FIRM0, and when I try to boot I get an error message, "unable to mount CTRNAND before CTRNAND FIRM."
    What should I do now???

3. Zane_Julien

OP Zane_Julien Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    Noch mal ein paar Infos dazu:
    Ich komme nicht in Godmode9 (nicht über den luma chainloader, nicht indem ich es boot.firm nenne und in den rot der sd Karte packe, gar nicht!)
    Ich habe auch keine nand Backups mehr, wurden durch irgendwas gelöscht. Wollte gerade einen ctrtransfer machen, habe aus Versehen die boot.firm in firm0 und firm1 installiert und so fastboot3ds gelöscht.

HIIIIILFE

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Oh, ok, I'll try Now. Sorry!

4. WeedZ

WeedZ Possibly an Enlightened Being

United States
    Keep it english please

5. Zane_Julien

OP Zane_Julien Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    Again some information:
    I can't get to Godmode9 (not via the luma chainloader, not by calling it boot.firm and putting it in the red of the SD card, not at all!)
    I also have no more backups, they were deleted by something. Just wanted to do a ctrtransfer, accidentally installed the boot.firm in firm0 and firm1 and deleted fastboot3ds.

6. KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen The Backup Reminder

Germany
    How on earth can anybody install Luma to FIRM0/1 partitions by accident? Can’t miss this red warning:

snap_191224084019.png

However, this should not be a problem. Luma is a valid, installable firm. Chainloading still works when Luma is installed to FIRM partitions. Fastboot is much more versatile but Luma is enough. If chainloading doesn’t work Luma can’t find the file(s) on SD (and not on CTRNAND since yours is damaged/empty/whatever). Take an empty, FAT32 formatted (known good) SD and put GodMode9.firm to
    SD:/luma/payloads/

For any further troubleshooting getting GodMode9 started is a big must. The boot.firm file in the SD root is irrelevant when Luma3DS starts from FIRM0.

Not having a backup at this point is really unfortunate. People laugh at me for still using optical discs as an additional backup medium. I recommend – in addition to normal backups on external drives – using high quality DVD-R or better BD-R type HTL for very important data as a last line of defense against data loss. These discs are cheap and their limitation (read-only once written) prevents accidental deletion.

The CTRTransfer Type D9 script might be able to repair the damage.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
  7. Zane_Julien

OP Zane_Julien Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    The luma chainloder never worked on my 3ds
    And, I followed a guide for ctrtransfer and skipped a part by accident.

8. YOUCANTSTOPME

YOUCANTSTOPME GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    This is why you make sure you always have a NAND backup stored away from your system.

9. Zane_Julien

OP Zane_Julien Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    How can I run D9?

10. KleinesSinchen

Germany
    What guide suggests installing Luma to FIRM partitions for CTRTransfer? And why?!

Chainloader not working usually means problems with the SD (given that SD:/luma/payloads/GodMode9.firm exists). First you have to get GodMode9 started.

Take another SD (or copy everything from your current SD to a computer).
    :!: You better not skip the full test before attempting CTRTransfer
    1. Copy all your data (if any) from the SD to a computer. Reformat the SD to FAT32, 32kb cluster size, if bigger than 32GB and using Windows with guiformat.
    2. Check your SD Windows, Linux, OS X.
      • If you get any errors replace the SD.
      • If you get no errors copy your files back on the SD (if any)
    Once you have a known good SD at hand, download latest GodMode9 release and put GodMode9.firm into SD:/luma/payloads as well as the gm9 folder into the root of the SD. Holding (Start) at boot brings up Godmode9 if the SD can be successfully mounted/read.

You find the v1.4 CTRTransfer Type D9 script attached to the long and important manual.

TurdPooCharger and alexander1970 like this.
  11. Costello

Costello Headmaster
    Administrator

if you can't write in english, please use this translator: https://www.deepl.com/translator
    it is excellent, if you write in german correctly then the english will come out perfectly (try it if you don't believe me :) )

12. KleinesSinchen

Germany
    I'm speechless. This thing is able to provide a usable translation of the first paragraphs of "Michael Kohlhaas." And Heinrich von Kleist's texts are everything but simple.

But @Zane_Julien is providing English posts in this new thread anyway.
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/i-need-a-emunand.556270/

Thanks for sharing this. Good machine translation.
    On the banks of the Havel, around the middle of the sixteenth century, lived a horse dealer named Michael Kohlhaas, son of a schoolmaster, one of the most righteous and at the same time most horrible people of his time. - This extraordinary man would have been considered a model of good citizenship until his thirtieth year. In a village that still bears his name, he owned a farm where he lived quietly by his trade; the children that his wife gave him, he brought up, in the fear of God, to be industrious and faithful; there was not one among his neighbours who did not enjoy his charity or his justice; in short, the world would have had to bless his memory if he had not been dissipated in one virtue. But the sense of justice made him a robber and murderer.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Quantumcat and alexander1970 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - booting, longer,