Hacking cfgusbloader channel not working anymore.

ceno78

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok basically everything was working just fine. I was playing metroid other m up to a point where the game would crash. (ridley cutscene). After some research I found that it was due to the wbfs file being split (as to fit on the fat32 partition) and the cutscene was split right at that point causing the crash. I decided that I would redo my usb drive and create a smaller fat32 partition to store all the files and make a larger ntfs partition to store just my wii games since ntfs can support larger than 4gb file size. This would prevent metroid other m from crashing during the cutscene as I would no longer need to split any of the wbfs files.

So I transferred all the files off my usb drive to a temp folder on my pc's HD. Changed the fat32 partition from 400gb to ~65gb and the ntfs partition from ~65gb to 400gb. (basically swapped the sizes). I proceded to transfer all the files back to the usb drive in the same place as they were before except the wbfs folder I put on the new ntfs partition.

I powered the Wii up and proceded to load cfgusbloader channel from the system menu. It loads to a black screen then after a few seconds it returns back to the system menu. I'm not sure what caused this. I removed the cfgusbloader channel and decided to reinstall it. The cfgusbloader is now running cfg70MODr45.dol. I also have the cfgusbloader (matrix) channel on the system menu. I have ios58 and homebrew 1.1.0.

I then clicked the cfgusbloader channel and started it up but it still just goes to a black screen and returns to the system menu after a few seconds. I checked the config.txt file in the usb-loader folder and it says:

theme = wiihacks.com
device = usb
gui = start
gui_transition = fade
gui_style = flow
gui_rows = 2
covers_path = usb:/usb-loader/covers
ios = 249
video = system
it says it's pointing to the usb drive so I'm not sure why it's not working.

my directories are usb:\usb-loader
usb:\apps\usbloader_cfg

The only way I can load cfgusbloader is via the homebrew channel which loads just fine and it finds all my wii games that are on the ntfs partition. (I would still rather just load it from the system menu and skip the extra step of going through HBC.)

If anyone could help me figure out how to get the forwarder to work right I would be very much appreciated. I've been working on this for a few hours now with no luck. :(

ceno78

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE: Ok I got it working but not exactly how I wanted it. I copied both folders usb:\usb-loader and usb:\apps\usbloader_cfg from my USB drive and placed them into the same directories on my SD card (sd:\usb-loader and sd:\apps\usbloader_cfg) and it loads fine. But how do I set it up so I don't need the SD card and it loads off the USB drive?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.