Hacking CFG usb loader read error -2

apok1000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey everyone, searched around the forums for info on this error but only found one unanswered thread.

Basically when using cfg loader install function to backup my games from disc directly to hard drive im getting a

Warning: read (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) error (-2)

message. Its only happening to 2 of my games while the rest seem to work fine.

The discs have a few scratches on them but nothing that seems too serious as the game are playable normally.

I am also able to play the games after the install is finished and the error has come up and i have pressed A to continue.

However i get the feeling that the games will freeze had certain points if they have not been read in correctly.

Has anyone had this problem before and know the cause etc?

Thanks

graylow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having the same problem while trying to transfer over Super Smash Bros Brawl. Maybe it's because it's duel-layered or maybe the beta cfg usb loader I'm using isn't stable. I'm currently using v57 b7. Any ideas?

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I would think the discs have issues. I have never seen any 'protection' on the discs, as the Wii itself has to be able to read the disks, so assume you have physical read issues, maybe your Wii Drive laser is getting down a tad?

Try cleaning those dics a little harder =)

graylow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The disk is barely even scratched and has worked before. I'm going to try to use a stable version and see if that fixes the problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?