Cfg USB Loader cheat download fix

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by nitraiolo, Nov 22, 2014.

1. nitraiolo
    OP

nitraiolo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 5, 2013
    Italy
    Hello,
    I've just finished the patch for Cfg Usb Loader v70 MOD r65 that restores the cheats download function.
    See attached patch. I cannot post links now, if someone wants the dol file (ios249 or ios222 version) please pm me.

bye

Attached Files:

2. Smuff

Smuff Fossilized Gamer

Jul 29, 2006
    By the sea
    1 post

[​IMG]

3. Howard

Howard GBAtemp Fan

May 1, 2012
    United States
    Is the fix that was in 70r78 not working for you?

4. nitraiolo
    OP

Newcomer
    May 5, 2013
    Italy
    I modified r65 simply because it is the lastest binary released on google code site. I've not checked the more recent revisions on svn. I've just saw the change was already done in another release. I'll test it soon today.
    Thanks!

5. nitraiolo
    OP

Newcomer
    May 5, 2013
    Italy
    Ok, I've checked the r78 patch by pabloacurielz. It works but simply removes referer from the downloadfile_fname() function. Referer sometime is used by sites to allow the access of the contents. My patch leaves the referer in downloadfile_fname() adds a downloadfile_noreferer_fname() function and it's wrapper downloadfile_noreferer() and in cheats.c calls the noreferer instead the original one. This allow the cheats download from geckocodes but allow also the use of referer if needed in the other calls. I agree this is a quick and dirty patch, the best way is adding a parameter to the original cople downloadfile() / downloadfile_fname() but such change in the http functions interface implies a review of the entire source code to fix every call to these functions. I've ported my philosophy to r78 and here is the patch.
    Thanks!

Attached Files:

6. Frucoboti

Frucoboti Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2012
    Hello,
    How to install this patch? I don't know what to do with this file.

Thanks and Happy New Year.

7. nitraiolo
    OP

Newcomer
    May 5, 2013
    Italy
    This is a source patch. You have to download the source code, patch it and then recompile.