Hacking cfg usb loader and wiimote issue

wii_newbie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am having an issue with cfg usb loader and one of my wiimote.
Before installing the loader, I had two motion plus wiimotes(permanently sync'ed). Let's say wiimote#1 and wiimote#2. Both wiimotes were and are still fully functional in system menu and homebrew channel.

I used wiimote#1 to install and launch the cfg usb loader for very first time. Until battery ran out recently, I've been navigating cfg usb loader with wiimote#1. When the battery finally ran out, I switched to wiimote#2, and this is when I found the problem. Whenever I try to navigate cfg usb loader with wiimote#2, the wiimote powers down itself, and becomes inoperable in cfg usb loader. So I have to use wiimote#1 to navigate inside the usb loader. Once a game launches, wiimote#2 becomes functional again.

So, it appears that cfg usb loader only recognizes wiimote that was used to launch the loader for very first time. Is there any ways to make wiimote#2 functional inside cfg usb loader? I think this issue is important, because if wiimote#1 breaks down, there will be no way to use the loader anymore since I can not navigate with other wiimotes. Thanks

wii_newbie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi. Thank you for the help.
I am little confused though. I got cfg usb loader from here.

http://code.google.com/p/cfg-loader/downloads/list

And downloaded Cfg_usb_Loader_70.zip. From this zip file, I simply extracted "apps" and "usb-loader" folders into my SD card.

I noticed that the link you provided contains files in .dol format. I will download the latest version "cfg70MODr51.dol", but I do not know where to put this .dol file. Only .dol file I see in my SD card folder is "boot.dol", and it is inside: apps\USBLoader\boot.dol.

So, how can I update cfg loader with this "cfg70MODr51.dol"? Do I simply place that inside app\USBLoader folder? Do I need to delete "boot.dol" file afterward? What is the difference between those two files? I automatically assumed that the place I downloaded cfg usb loader would contain latest version(since it appears to be official site too), so I am confused. Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: