Hacking Cfg USB Loader 70r78.11 released

freakE3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goto the official thread above and follow the instructions in the opening post to install the official version. Then replace the boot.dol with this one. Thats a start .... Theres more after that. Maybe someone can help you further.
This is still not helping me. WHERE is the official thread for the cfg?? Especially cfg for vWii ?? I can´t find any instructions!

Last edited by freakE3,

nitraiolo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi @nitraiolo

Great work on updating the loader.
Could it be posible to have an actual options menu, instead of editing a text file outside the loader?
There are a few options you can edit however they can only be accesed by changing the config text file.

Thank you and keep up the great work

The philosophy behing cfg is the semplicity of the gui. The options that are only accessible in the config.txt are intended to be the statical one (write once). Which options do you think shold be configurable (changed many times) in the gui there are still not?

Gamemaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's what I did went here https://code.google.com/archive/p/cfg-loader/downloads and downloaded CFG_USB_LOADER_70.zip. Then you extract that to your SD card and then copy the new boot.dol onto your SD card. Then be sure to edit the meta.xml file if your planning on playing any GC games, so that it should look like this.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<app version="1">
<name>Configurable USB Loader</name>
<version>70r78.11</version>
<release_date>20170115000000</release_date>
<coder>oggzee, usptactical, gannon, Clipper,...</coder>
<short_description>Play from USB drive</short_description>
<long_description>
Play Wii Backups from USB harddrive
Waninkoko cIOS 249 is required!
Hermes cIOS 222/223 is supported.
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
</long_description>
<ahb_access/>
</app>

freakE3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got everything to work. I had tried so many cfg versions and it did not want to work. Always freezed. The problem was my external hard drive for with Wii U games on it. As soon as I unplug it, it works.:rofl2:
So that leads me to the next problem. As soon as I start cfg, it will say that there is no USB device connected and then you can select SD. But as soon as I restart CFG, it says again no USB. How do I set up CFG that it looks for the SD straight away??
Like this I would always have to unplug my USB drive.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got everything to work. I had tried so many cfg versions and it did not want to work. Always freezed. The problem was my external hard drive for with Wii U games on it. As soon as I unplug it, it works.:rofl2:
So that leads me to the next problem. As soon as I start cfg, it will say that there is no USB device connected and then you can select SD. But as soon as I restart CFG, it says again no USB. How do I set up CFG that it looks for the SD straight away??
Like this I would always have to unplug my USB drive.
after you change it to sd make sure you click the button for save settings. i forget what screen it's on. same goes if you change a theme you have to click that button otherwise it doesn't save also you need to figure out configurator app that works on your pc to configure configurable loader

Configurable Options - GAF's Wii Homebrew Tutorial

Reactions: freakE3

Gamemaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you plug your Wii U drive into the bottom back port it should be fine and if you have a Wii drive make sure that it is plugged into the top back port that's the one that loaders will scan. Also I'm not sure that you can load Wii games from your SD card but you can load GC games from it.

vAilleght

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
thnks for updates!!! i have a question how can i force wii games like Skyward Sword to 16:9? i can do this in usb loader gx but using recently cfg usb loader builds i notice that games boot more faster also i like more the compatibility with nintendont i just run via cfg usb loader and it do it all automatic. This is the only feature that impide me change definetly to cfg usb loader (force 16:9)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on