Hacking CFG Loader Corrupted memory card for Gamecube - Any fix?

Senortruco

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hey! As title suggest, my save file for Pokemon XD got corrupted all of the sudden x.x I tried running it directly from Nintendont and still says corrupted.

Is there a way to save my game file or is it lost forever?

Also why does this happen? I was running the virtual memory card 59 blocks, is that bad? I also have a normal memory card somewhere, is it safer to use that?

Thanks in advance!

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it may be fixable. make a backup of the memory card image, then make a new save file. compare each in hex to see if something jumps out at you.

I no longer play the wii. I play the wii u now, and I use usb loader gx. however, I almost always play nintendont through a forwarder. I've never had it corrupt a save. I'm using the same memory card for everything, though I think you can set it up to where it uses a unique memory card for each game. I back everything up. 1,000 something blocks is what I'd suggest. the 2,000 says it's experimental, so it may corrupt. I think 59 is as low as it goes.

Senortruco

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
it may be fixable. make a backup of the memory card image, then make a new save file. compare each in hex to see if something jumps out at you.

I no longer play the wii. I play the wii u now, and I use usb loader gx. however, I almost always play nintendont through a forwarder. I've never had it corrupt a save. I'm using the same memory card for everything, though I think you can set it up to where it uses a unique memory card for each game. I back everything up. 1,000 something blocks is what I'd suggest. the 2,000 says it's experimental, so it may corrupt. I think 59 is as low as it goes.

What do you mean compare in hex?

Thanks for replying

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://themodernproper.com/chicken-piccata