1. Senortruco

OP Senortruco Member
    Newcomer

Venezuela
    Hey! As title suggest, my save file for Pokemon XD got corrupted all of the sudden x.x I tried running it directly from Nintendont and still says corrupted.

Is there a way to save my game file or is it lost forever?

Also why does this happen? I was running the virtual memory card 59 blocks, is that bad? I also have a normal memory card somewhere, is it safer to use that?

Thanks in advance!

2. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    it may be fixable. make a backup of the memory card image, then make a new save file. compare each in hex to see if something jumps out at you.

I no longer play the wii. I play the wii u now, and I use usb loader gx. however, I almost always play nintendont through a forwarder. I've never had it corrupt a save. I'm using the same memory card for everything, though I think you can set it up to where it uses a unique memory card for each game. I back everything up. 1,000 something blocks is what I'd suggest. the 2,000 says it's experimental, so it may corrupt. I think 59 is as low as it goes.

3. Senortruco

OP Senortruco Member
    Newcomer

Venezuela

What do you mean compare in hex?

Thanks for replying

4. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    I don't know if anything can be done if the actual saved data is damaged, but you might compare the header. it should start with the product ID.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Corrupted, Gamecube, Loader