Cemu Emulator version 1.13.0 publicly released

LnO2PQJ.png

The renowned Nintendo Wii U emulator, Cemu, has received an update. Version 1.13.0d is now available to the public, and can be downloaded from their official website. New features in this build of the emulator include letting users boot homebrew .elf files, along with improving how graphic and texture packs are handled by the emulator. Outside of that, multiple bugs have been fixed in regards to audio, Wiimote support, and softlocks. Version 1.14.0, the upcoming update, which is currently only distributed to a small few, makes more major changes, such as allowing for The Wonderful 101 to be playable, and getting more titles to reach an in-game state.

Public release date: 2018-08-05

# New in 1.13.0d:

general: Fixed language selection in general settings
general: Added support for arithmetic expressions in presets and texture rules
Fixed multiple graphic pack errors with the new version

# New in 1.13.0c:

general: Fixed recompiler bug that could cause random softlocks

# New in 1.13.0b:

general: Fixed hex constants in new graphic packs

padscore: Fixed trigger and release values for emulated wiimote controllers

# New in 1.13.0:

general: Added support for launching .elf executables (homebrew)
general: Overhauled graphic packs system and interface
- Added the ability to store multiple presets in one graphic pack (e.g. multiple resolutions in a single resolution graphic pack)
The used preset can be selected in the interface. Only one preset can be active at a time per graphic pack
- Replaced the graphic pack list with a tree view to allow hierachical structuring
- Added description and path field
- Added a button to reload custom shaders while a game is running (mainly intended for graphic pack development)
- Existing graphic packs for Cemu 1.12.2 and earlier remain compatible

general: Added a new general settings window and moved most options there
general: Added discord rich presence support

input: Cemu should no longer detect some keyboard special keys as permanently pressed

audio: The audio output device can now be selected and changed in the audio settings

padscore: Fixed a bug where some controllers where read as wiimote input instead of their proper format (Applies only to Pro or classic controller)
padscore: Fixed default values for WPADGetDataFormat to match the configured controller

:download: Source (Download)

chirogan

The Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Is it possible to use a real GamePad with the emulator?
By real you mean?
Any other gamepad? Yes. As long as it works for PC.
like, completely ditch my WiiU for this Emu? :3

No. Why would you? /s
It doesnt completely play every single game you throw at the emu yet. But the majority can be played. Just dont expect too much. Nothing beats the original hardware.

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's been wrong with it up till now? From what I've seen that's one of the better-running games on the emulator, alongside Super Mario 3D World
Well its unplayable on any amd card, even one more than powerful enough to run the game, due to cemu not supporting anything besides opengl. On my overclocked rx470 I get a stuttery 20 fps mess, while an equivalent nvidia card would get 60 with my other pc specs. I know it's a lot of work but the game is literally unplayable for me and many others, so support for vulkan would be really nice.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well its unplayable on any amd card, even one more than powerful enough to run the game, due to cemu not supporting anything besides opengl. On my overclocked rx470 I get a stuttery 20 fps mess, while an equivalent nvidia card would get 60 with my other pc specs. I know it's a lot of work but the game is literally unplayable for me and many others, so support for vulkan would be really nice.
Oh, damn. I have it but haven't actually tested it since I've already played through it on my Switch. Might test it on my RX 580 later and report back

Reactions: bi388

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, damn. I have it but haven't actually tested it since I've already played through it on my Switch. Might test it on my RX 580 later and report back
Good luck, I own it on switch so I'm not completely locked out but I was really disappointed at how it runs after expecting 60 fps due to my CPU. After looking into it I found that it's a specific amd and botw problem that doesnt seem to be an issue in any other game.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good luck, I own it on switch so I'm not completely locked out but I was really disappointed at how it runs after expecting 60 fps due to my CPU. After looking into it I found that it's a specific amd and botw problem that doesnt seem to be an issue in any other game.
Cemu has a lot of issues with modern AMD cards, I've found. The weird thing is that MK8, at least, could be fixed by running the Forza 2018 demo in the background, which implies it's not a hardware issue, it's a render profile issue that the devs either have been ignoring or refuse to look into

Reactions: bi388

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so now that I've got a chance to test some games out,

System:
Intel i5 4690k @3.5GHz
AMD RX 580 4GB @1445MHz
16GB DDR3

Breath of the Wild seemed locked at a 20fps ceiling, which is strange because I had fps++ active. Not entirely unplayable, but stuttering and input delays would most likely put off anyone trying, as well as some strange shadow glitches that I haven't seen anyone with an Nvidia GPU reporting
New Super Mario Bros U ran as expected (flawlessly, locked 60fps)
Super Mario 3D World, likewise
MARIO KART 8 BOOTS NOW??? It stuttered like hell at first while generating the shader cache, but otherwise ran mostly 60fps the rest of the time. There are a lot of weird glitchy shadows in this one, as well, though; they're multiplied from what they should be and will appear on the track in places they shouldn't (for example, you can see the shadow of your racer in front of, to the sides of, and behind you, and bird shadows look like a swarm of black dots on the track)

Reactions: Jonna

zanfire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have they made it work well with AMD setups yet? Last time i tried it even Botw ran like crap on an OC R9 390, only later to be told its basically gonna run terrible unless your using Nvidia and Intel. Honestly i just wanna try/play Xenoblade X and that SMT/Fire emblem game (id get them for my switch if they re-released, but i dont see it happening) otherwise there was next to nothing for Wii U that made it worth getting...and i owned one briefly.

Black_Heart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have they made it work well with AMD setups yet? Last time i tried it even Botw ran like crap on an OC R9 390, only later to be told its basically gonna run terrible unless your using Nvidia and Intel. Honestly i just wanna try/play Xenoblade X and that SMT/Fire emblem game (id get them for my switch if they re-released, but i dont see it happening) otherwise there was next to nothing for Wii U that made it worth getting...and i owned one briefly.
Did you get rid of your Wii U or was it stolen? Cause if the former, why if you wanted those games?

zanfire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you get rid of your Wii U or was it stolen? Cause if the former, why if you wanted those games?

I bought it day one and both those games came out later in its life cycle. i sold it in under 2 years due to rarely ever using it. Those were the only 2 games that eventually came out that i was interested in, but not enough to buy the system again and most reviews said they were both good, but not particularly great. It's why i hope refined versions come out for the switch like we seem to be getting a lot of, but neither seem likely or have had even a hint of rumors about.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.