CCP Support in HB

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Kandern97, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Kandern97
    OP

Kandern97 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 27, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Kandern
    Ok, so with the release of Ninjahax a few days ago, people are very hyped. And so there's likely to be a lot of homebrew coming down the road from now. So how difficult would it be to implement CCP (Circle Pad Pro) support into these new homebrew games and emulators? Is it realistic? And would it be possible to implement it in the current version of 3DSCraft? Smealum showed 3DSCraft with a second circle pad/nub on the New 3DS working. So it wouldn't be too hard to implement CCP support would it? Unless that is of course that no one has reverse engineered the IR ports on the 3DS and CCP enough to use them for HB. So thoughts anyone?

2. reprep

reprep GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 5, 2012
    I really hope that would be possible. AFAIK infra-red port isn't usable for homebrew for now. hope i am wrong.

3. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    i seem to remeber it is support....the new3ds's extra nub registers as a cpp iirc, and smealum already said he added support for that

4. Jasper Peters

Jasper Peters Member

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2014
    Netherlands
    Leiden, Netherlands
    reprep likes this.
  5. tyons

tyons GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 11, 2012
    Italy
    smealum said that he didn't support it just because he doesn't have one. it may be possible.

6. AndrewPH

AndrewPH Member

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2014
    United States
    CPP* (Circle Pad Pro)

Smealum, or somebody else, will likely figure out what sort of communication goes on between the CPP and the 3ds sooner or later.

7. Kandern97
    OP

Aug 27, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Kandern
    I don't know how to program and code, but since we have access to IR and 3DSCraft has it's source code on GitHub, could someone implement this soon?

8. Jasper Peters

Jasper Peters Member

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2014
    Netherlands
    Leiden, Netherlands
    IR for multiplayer, that's way too slow man way to slow, use something like wifi or whatever ad-hoc connection the 3DS makes with official 3ds multiplayer games.

9. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    For a moment I thought you were referring to the Classic Controller Pro and I was like:
    "WTF?! DX"

10. NCDyson

NCDyson Hello Boys...

Nov 9, 2009
    United States
    I don't think he was talking about implementing multiplayer with IR,I think he was talking about implementing CPP support

Kandern97 likes this.
  11. Kandern97
    OP

Aug 27, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Kandern
    Right on target. BOOM! HEADSHOT!