CCP problem with Wii64.

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by ShadowOne333, Mar 31, 2014.

1. ShadowOne333
    OP

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    Hello GC Forever community!

I've purchased a Classic Controller Pro for my Wii (now Wii U) and I've been having some weird issues once I started to use it with Wii64.
    The problem is that whenever I leave the controller untouched (this means no moving the Left Stick nor any button at all) the character on screen moves as if I were moving the Left Analog Stick just a little bit.

This means for example, in Ocarina of Time, and I have Link just standing without pressing anything, Link moves from facing completely front to slightly being turning back all the way until he is facing the camera.

Now my question is:
    Is there a problem with some emulators and the CCP?
    And this has been happening only in Wii64 so far (and RetroArch sometimes), since when I play any other Wii game, the character on screen doesn't react like that.

It is annoying since in some games like Banjo-Kazooie or DK64 the character turns randomly and makes jumping a little odd. :S

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

jahad likes this.
  2. jayglass

jayglass GBAtemp Regular

Jun 2, 2014
    Chad
    i have that problem too

3. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    That is one helluva bump lol. Having said that, Wii 64 is pretty much dead, the author, emukidid doesn't care about this or WiiSX, so much as ask him how progress is...anyways :P

4. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Sounds like a calibration problem, but Classic Controllers are calibrated automatically each time you plug one in and that should work the same way across all apps. Maybe Wii64 reads the controller a bit differently from other apps/games.
    You could try to work around it by holding a bit left on the stick when you plug in the CCP (Wiimote has to be connected when you do this and it might work better if you do it when already in Wii64), so that when you let go of the stick it will be registered as slightly to the right instead to counteract the issue and it should cancel out if you move it just the right amount to the left. Not the best solution but it should work.

Edit: Isn't Not64 more up to date?

5. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle

Not 64 is more up to date, more of a stop-gap release but a lot better than the last Wii64 official release.