migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Isn't there an alternative to Ccleaner?
manually go into the temp folder and delete the files yourself
the only thing i used it for was for delete that...
yeah it cleans stuff like browsers and stuff. but i have no reason to delete thoose, and browsers got that "choose what to delete" thing already

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
yeah it cleans stuff like browsers and stuff. but i have no reason to delete thoose, and browsers got that "choose what to delete" thing already

Well duh. Didn't it also delete unnecessary registry files? Tbh haven't used it in so long I don't quite remember.

Byokugen

Unit_01
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
No need to purge browser history? :-P

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Well duh. Didn't it also delete unnecessary registry files? Tbh haven't used it in so long I don't quite remember.
it had a tab to clean the registry. but there was a risk about it, the software even made you save a copy of the registry before cleaning it, very rarely used it

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No need to purge browser history? :-P
why though..
use a ram disk\live distro\portable browser if you don't want traces in your computer

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
There's numerous alternatives to ccleaner anyways:
https://alternativeto.net/software/ccleaner/ (among a bunch others not mentioned).

I tried a few but it goes without saying be careful with the registry cleaners as some of them will accidentally delete something and your computer will blow up.
I think it goes without saying that you shouldn't mess with something you know nothing about.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Lol 32-bit OS, who sill uses those and why?
Can be an easier way to use certain older software and hardware; lot of professional printers (a3 or even a2, 2 sided, folding, stapling, high quality colours, can print on card... all that sort of thing) and tools might have had 32 bit drivers for vista or something and can be force installed on 7 or something still which means you don't even have to try to keep XP in line of something. Also it is not like you need 16 gigs to just send something to a printer or CNC machine either.

As for the matter at hand I never really did much with ccleaner. Knew of it, probably even used it once or twice if it was installed somewhere when I got there but never had it as part of my kit or as a "install this program" and we will see if it sorts it.

DarthDub

Amateur Hacker
Trophies
Website
www.gaiaonline.com
XP
Country
United States
There's numerous alternatives to ccleaner anyways:
https://alternativeto.net/software/ccleaner/ (among a bunch others not mentioned).

I tried a few but it goes without saying be careful with the registry cleaners as some of them will accidentally delete something and your computer will blow up.
I've used the registry cleaner in ccleaner several times and have had no issues with my computer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Wasn't Metroid Prime 4 teased all the way back in 2017? For the switch no less? :rofl2: