Carts reported working on 7.0 update

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Skyhigh_, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Skyhigh_
    OP

Skyhigh_ GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2012
    United States
    So far i have tested the following:

Working--
    r4igold ( r4ids.cn) : Works fine without any patch needed on 7.0
    Supercard ds two: works on 7.0 but needs patch because it got blocked

r4isdhc dual core ( r4isdhc.com) 2013 card: Firmware patch: http://www.r4isdhc.in/download_white_new2013/index.html

Use Kernel:https://www.dropbox.com/s/zk8sl1t2ef4917o/r4isdhc1.70.rar. ( using 1.62 kernel will result in blank screen when launching ds games so use 1.70)

r4i3d.com pink 2013 card
    r4i-gold ( r4i-gold.com) 2013 card
    r4itt ( r4itt.net ) purple '' new'' ( not to be confused with the new 2014 one) card- This card was the latest compatible with 6.2/6.3

All cards mentioned above are working in 7.0.0-13U 3ds updated systems, simply apply the same exact steps used for the r4isdhc dual core card, even using the EXACT firmware patch and kernel.

Once again proves that all these cards ( r4i3d.com, r4i-gold.com, r4itt.net, r4isdhc.com) are alike besides colors and stickers.

UPDATE All this cards work on 7.1 as well without any sort of patched needed. Also i should state that the new 2014 r3isdhc.com cards ARE different than before.

They have an extra part in the chip, as well as different kernels. These firmwares and kernels are NO LONGER interchangeable between the new and old cards.

The new 2014 cards from r4isdhc.com are very much like the ones from r4i-sdhc.com it kind of looks like they rip some of their kernels to be honest. These new cards also didn't require a patch from 6.3 to the 7.0 upgrade they worked fine without them.

I tested this with the r4i snoopy, white dual core 2014, and the gold pro 2014 from r4isdhc.com. All these cards have the same exact kernels, and probably firmware patches they are exactly the same inside the ONLY thing that is different is the sticker design and color of the card.

For your old cards from r4isdhc.com ( 2013 models), use r4isdhc.in for future patches and kernels. r4isdhc.com still posts firmware patches for old cards but they are much slower than r4isdhc.in.

2. Rezatron

Rezatron Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2012
    Canada
    I have been told there will be a card update to support various 2013 cards from r4isdhc.com posted to www.r4isdhc.in soon

3. omega59

omega59 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 14, 2007
    Canada
    I upgraded my 3ds and forgot I had to do my dstwo. Bc I hardly use it now lol.

4. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    there's a r4igold and a r4i-gold? and they are different??

5. Xexyz

Xexyz GBATemp's™ Official Xexyz

Jul 29, 2013
    United States
    沖縄県
    The r4ids.cn R4i Gold has better support.

cearp likes this.
  6. ground

ground GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 22, 2007
    Netherlands
    this doesn't really matter. if a new update comes out you can still update it with your 3ds and the updateb method

7. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    from my own experience from gbatemp, if the website and\or name is not an exact match, just assume its a different clone\team

he said the website belonging to the cart, if the website is different, its other clone from other team

cearp likes this.
  8. Skyhigh_
    OP

Skyhigh_ GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2012
    United States
    r4igold is from r4ids.cn
    r4i-gold is from r4i-gold.com

They are indeed different basically the cheaper ones i listed non working copy patches off other teams work this is why they always release a patch after some other team patches their own cards.

It would also explain why the r4ids.cn card is not blocked and the one from r4igold.com is.
    Besides all the cards i noted not currently working are basically the same.. and probably manufactured by the same company's ( with the exception of r4itt which i am not 100% sure).

The patches they post on their websites works for ALL cards which confirms they are designed alike. So lets say if a patch is posted in the r4isdhc.com website claiming it patches for 6.3 update this same patch will work for r4i3d.com, r4itt.net, r4i-gold cards.

The r4i-gold.com website seems to be gone now it just brings you the r4isdhc.com website once again proving the cards are the same just different sticker and color card.

Anyone try the 7.0 patches yet on their new 2014 ( not 2013 ) cards? I don't have one of those yet to test it maybe someone here does

cearp likes this.
  9. Squall Leonhart

Squall Leonhart GBAtemp Regular

Mar 12, 2010
    R4I Gold Plus not currently working.

10. deported

deported Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 19, 2013
    Can you be more specific about this to us who aren't very aware of this topic?

Is this for DS or 3DS game support?

11. CJL18

CJL18 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 4, 2007
    United States
    Well the 7.0 should tell u only de since 3 de find only work with 4.1-4.5

12. SickPuppy

SickPuppy New Member

Jul 29, 2009
    United States
    The gateway3ds blue card is compatible with the latest nintendo update.