Card2 Savedata Extraction

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by jegig, Feb 19, 2015.

1. jegig
    OP

jegig Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2015
    Indonesia
    Hello,im just asking a quick question about card2 Game,especiall Pokemon ORAS,im planning to change from public header into private header,i have installed Savedatafiler and know the step to export it,just one problem,i can't seem to find the pokemon SAV data on gateway SD card,when i used savedatafiler,i got the filer folder and MAIN file instead of SAV data,any idea how to extract the SAV data from rom so i can change the header?,Thanks a bunch

2. cracker

cracker Nyah!

Aug 24, 2005
    United States
    Backup the .3ds from the microSD and patch the header into it then transfer the .3dz back.

3. orochi115

orochi115 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 8, 2013
    Switzerland
    1. Card2 save can only be exported from rom. You have to dump it using gateway launcher and then use savedatafiler to export save.
    2. Header is nowhere in savedata. You have to change the header in rom itself.
    3. After changing header the original savedata is invalid because it's signed by header. You have to import your savedata using savedatafiler.

4. cracker

cracker Nyah!

Aug 24, 2005
    United States
    OP is asking about going from public to private header so obviously it isn't on the original cart. ;)

5. VerseHell

VerseHell GBAtemp Psycho!

Jun 29, 2014
    France
    The main file IS the save file.

6. jegig
    OP

jegig Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2015
    Indonesia
    Correct im using 3dz rom with public header and changing to private header,so for card2 only need the header and its done?or some step for savedatafiler

7. jegig
    OP

jegig Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2015
    Indonesia
    If thats the.save file,any idea what to do for to export it into a 3dz rom with new header?,iwas using public before

8. cracker

cracker Nyah!

Aug 24, 2005
    United States
    Yeah you just overwrite the header and you are done.

9. VerseHell

VerseHell GBAtemp Psycho!

Jun 29, 2014
    France
    After the header switch, load the rom, launch SaveDataFiler, go to the third tab and select your save.

10. jegig
    OP

jegig Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2015
    Indonesia
    Thx then ill try it later,just to be save ill use the savedatafiler,thanks!