Card Sagas Wars 4th trailer.

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Anakir, Oct 9, 2008.

Oct 9, 2008

Card Sagas Wars 4th trailer. by Anakir at 3:33 AM (3,936 Views / 0 Likes) 17 replies

1. Anakir
    OP

Member Anakir Project: Melee

Canada
    I'm surprised that this never got mentioned. The old ones may have been mentioned.. but this is just a heads up for the 4th trailer. It's looking extremely promising. I absolutely can't wait when it comes out. I hope it supports netplay. Anyways, let the trailer do the talking.

Etna is in it!!!!!! This makes me happy. [​IMG] And Chrono's in it as well for those of you who are Chrono Trigger fans (at least, I think that's the game he's from? Obviously you can tell I never played it. [​IMG])

I heard a while ago about the DS supporting MUGEN as well? Since it looks like it runs on MUGEN, I hope the creators might consider a port to the DS as well..

[​IMG]

2. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Wow, wtf is this? It looks awesome! I had never heard about it... is it a homebrew for the PSP?

3. Dr.Norton

Newcomer Dr.Norton Advanced Member

Canada
    wow this is like having a good version of mugen on your DS [​IMG] hehe this looks sweet!

glad they didnt stick to regular hit-spark styles on the 2d and used some nicer effects. thanks for the heads up, when is this sopose to come out?

Wait nevermind it is MUGEN... :-/ Sigh.

4. Anakir
    OP

Member Anakir Project: Melee

Canada
    My mistake. It's for computer only so far.. I think. I can't really remember. Sorry.

5. Doomsday Forte

Member Doomsday Forte GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Megaman X versus Samus. *tears up*

I need this game.

6. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Oh, so it's a PC game... sounds good to me. How long has it been in the works?

7. Mei-o

Member Mei-o Generic Asian Kidâ„¢

Japan
    Hahaha, awesome, they also used Etna's Sexy Beam! 4PLAYERS=INSTA-WIN! The characters just destroyed SSB's roster!

8. dinofan01

Member dinofan01 Misses the old days...

United States
    Heard about this awhile ago. Its pretty exciting actually. I just hoped they don't get a cease and desist. I never liked the small characters on big backgrounds style there going with but whatever. If it ever comes out it will kill.

9. Doomsday Forte

United States
    I wonder how it controls. It'd be interesting to use, say, Mario in a game that had controls like Guilty Gear or Melty Blood. :3

10. DemonicChocobo

Member DemonicChocobo GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It's been around for a very long time, but it is doubtful that it's going to be finished any time soon. The site isn't english so I may be wrong, but from my understand it's made in MUGEN. This means it's on PC, NOT DS. ALL the graphics in the game were done by the VERY talented Abyss-Wolf(The guy who made the Brawl sprites that everyone stole.) who is doing sprites for the entire character roster which includes at LEAST 1800 characters. The characters are separated into Red, Blue, and Green "cards". Red characters are monsters and other creatures from various games. As of this post, there are 111 confirmed Red Cards. Blue cards are heroes from various games. As of this post, there are 500+ confirmed Blue Cards. And green cards haven't been revealed yet. I've been following this for a while because I am REALLY impressed by Abyss-Wolf's sprites.

11. distorted.freque

Member distorted.freque I'm getting mixed signals here!

Canada
    Oh hell. I totally suck at this kind of games.

...but it still looks so awesome and play-worthy. @_@

12. Doomsday Forte

United States
    Ahh, THOUGHT those Brawl sprites looked familiar!

God, 1800+ characters? So what, this game is going to be around a terabyte in size...? XD Wow.

13. Gaisuto

Former Staff Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

United States
    I've been following this for a very long time. Every card featured on the site does not mean an actual playable character...they confirmed it a while ago.

14. Zarcon

Former Staff Zarcon .:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.

Canada
    I've been following this for a while now too.
    Luckily, I'm a patient person, so I can wait for as long as they take.
    If you want to take a look at some of the confirmed heroes take a look at
    http://cardgallery.tales-tra.com/cards_bluegame.htm
    Sorted by game.

Chances are, some will surprise you, and some will make you giggle with glee.

I'm just glad the Tales games got so much love.
    Hoping Adol from Ys makes it in.

15. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Those sprites are just amazing! No wonder I had the feeling that they looked familiar...

16. CockroachMan

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    The project is a little too pretentious, I hope they finish it..

Anyway, it's MUGEN so.. don't go expecting too much..

17. Dr.Norton

Newcomer Dr.Norton Advanced Member

Canada
    I been in the Mugen scene since 1999. Not much sucess has come for it. the developers left the project a long time ago, its an user editable fighter engine.

uses sprites and coding, which both are easy enough to learn if your into it.

The sprites look nice but all-in-all its just another MUGEN game with random characters.. the beauty of mugen is u can download separate characters and make your own fight against whomever you please.

There are only a few MUGEN projects worth taking a look at, and one of them is the Bleach game my buddies over at ZGTeam are making.

18. Doomsday Forte

United States
    It may be "just another MUGEN game" but I've seen some matchups and the sprite disparity is just laughable. Or overpoweredness. Etc.

I like this because even if it has a large roster, the characters are drawn in the same style so at least it looks to have more effort than "omg i ripe sprits 4 gam lol".