Card Project

Discussion in 'GBAtemp Art Studio' started by Ducky, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Ducky
    OP

Ducky QUACKJECTION!

Oct 13, 2007
    Iceland
    Duckling Land!
    Hey guys , I got the idea yesterday , Inspired by the pokemon cards i've seen in a forum , I decided to make a card project!

Wondering whats the card project? Basicly , a fast signature maker.. (You must be wondering...)How it works? Well simple , You take a picture , Put it inside the card , Change the text and there! You've got yourself a signature!

I'll put examples on how it works , Take in mind i'm not giving this away as an open source so YOU couldn't use it , If you want to use it contact me on MSN or on PMs (Kenny07071994@hotmail.com)

Now this is what i've made featuring the , Black card , Grass card , Blue card , Blue Lightning card , Red Blaze card , Pink card , and Yellow Sand Card.

[​IMG]

Here is an example on how it looks when you put a picture inside , I've used Grass card and Yoshi picture from Mario Party 7 artwork on Nintendo Site :

[​IMG]

Comments , Rates , Suggestions for new colors , Other suggestions , And anything else is up to you!

Enjoy!

2. Ace Gunman

Ace Gunman ~••Lucky҉Shot••~

Former Staff
    Apr 17, 2003
    Canada
    Wassamatta U
    I think everyone is with me when I say this... GBAtemp trading cards. GBAtemp's members as collectible online cards. Collect'em all, battle, run around like an idiot screaming look at my wee-wee, and then lose interest. It'll be bloody brilliant, Harry! [​IMG]

3. ShadowXP

ShadowXP ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dec 20, 2002
    THAT WOULD BE AWESOME. Especially if done by Psyfira or someone. [​IMG]

4. Costello

Costello Headmaster

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    Good idea Ace, although I wouldn't recommend using one of those cards in your sig, unless you want to break the forum rules [​IMG] 400x100 remember!
    Looking forward to seeing what you guys will come up with [​IMG]

5. Ducky
    OP

Ducky QUACKJECTION!

Oct 13, 2007
    Iceland
    Duckling Land!
    I didn't use.. Don't you see? I know the rules ... >< I'm using this build for anything else.. xD

Edit : By the way , The trading card idea is good , But i'm not sure many would use it on their sig O.o only fans or mods or something.. I'll try making a GBATEMP version.. But it would require me to break the build..

6. Ace Gunman

Former Staff
    Apr 17, 2003
    Canada
    Wassamatta U
    It wouldn't necessarily have to be a signature deal. I'm not exactly sure how to approach it, but this idea has some potential. Imagine getting the very rare "Costello" card, or the enigmatic tshu. [​IMG]

7. Ducky
    OP

Ducky QUACKJECTION!

Oct 13, 2007
    Iceland
    Duckling Land!

"I'll give you 1 ace gunman and 2 foxmcclouds for the costello!" [​IMG] "No way man! The costello is mine!!! "

Edit : By the way guys , You didn't even tell me hows the card?...

Lol [​IMG]

8. Ace Gunman

Former Staff
    Apr 17, 2003
    Canada
    Wassamatta U
    Hm, it depends. Them seem well-made, but they're like no cards I've ever seen before. The type of cards I'm used to seeing are like these:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Ducky
    OP

Ducky QUACKJECTION!

Oct 13, 2007
    Iceland
    Duckling Land!
    Ah... It is like the pokemon or yugioh ones... >

10. Ace Gunman

Former Staff
    Apr 17, 2003
    Canada
    Wassamatta U
    [​IMG]

That's closer to what I imagine a "card" to be. But that all depends on if that's what you're going for or not. And yes, it's very rough, I did it with paint. [​IMG]

11. Ducky
    OP

Ducky QUACKJECTION!

Oct 13, 2007
    Iceland
    Duckling Land!
    Anyway.. Hows it looks? Thats all I want to know..

12. Ace Gunman

Former Staff
    Apr 17, 2003
    Canada
    Wassamatta U
    I think it looks fantastic. As you can see the visuals take a hit when you try and do what I did, but in their standalone form (as shown in your first post) they look really great. If I may ask though, what are your plans for the little bubbles beside the test bar? Are you leaving it as is, or using it for some sort of emblem placement? [​IMG]

13. Ducky
    OP

Ducky QUACKJECTION!

Oct 13, 2007
    Iceland
    Duckling Land!
    The little emblem in there.. Might be the emblem for a site i'm making, So i've left it here , It looks nice tho xD

14. xflash

xflash Local Ninja

Oct 21, 2004
    Norway
    errr that just a reccomendation right? i mean there is a whole bunch of sigs over that limit and even more if you include the sigs with text in them

15. Ducky
    OP

Ducky QUACKJECTION!

Oct 13, 2007
    Iceland
    Duckling Land!
    I've made 4 new colors , White/silver , Purple , Brown , Orange , I'll add them in a few momments..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice