Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well its not Phoenix Wright or the other guy...its Harvey Birdman! Yes based on the series, but a "design spin-off" from Phoenix Wright, Harvey Birdman combines the core gameplay of the DS courtroom simulator with the comedy of Cartoon Network's Adult Swim program of the same name.

But sigh its yet another PSP & PS2 port, I kinda knew that we see it on the Wii before the Wii version was announced. Anyway it'll cost $10 more than the PSP & PS2 versions for some reason. I like Harvey Birdman and I love Phoenix Wright games so lets hope its good and not just a simple cash in.

No other details other than its release will be on November 13th.

There is info on the PSP version here for those interested.

There was also a thread discussing the PSP/PS2 game here.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want a real phoenix Wright with obscure meme references from teh internets
frown.gif

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I wouldn't mind an Apollo Justice (or Phoenix Wright if they haven't retired him) game on the Wii, but not a port, with full voice acting.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does really boggle the mind to why Capcom are doing this, I really don't see it selling well. Perhaps Capcom think they'll do this, people think its a substitute for a Ace Attorney game so they will buy it and THEN they'll bring out a proper AA game. But then why pay for a license when the game is better known?

I reckon it is Capcom making a cheap quick game to cash in, if it was in the AA series than it would kinda ruin its reputation and so forth they're using a cartoon license.

But still a waste of time and money if its not gonna hold up well.

sanchoquo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
never seeing this birdman thing before, Im a little nervous to say that Im looking forward to it, It will definately be unrelated to phoenix wright,
They wont just crash in on a well established series with some kids cartoon character, I just cant see the name harvey birdman going down so well with PW superfans in japan, However I will be giving it a try

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Harvey Birdman is this failed superhero guy who is now an attorney, hes not very good but for some reason he wins. The series is basically him representing various Hanna Babarra characters. Like for example, Shaggy from Scooby Doo being in court on dope charges and so forth.

The earlier episodes were pretty good but then it kinda went downhill.

sanchoquo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Harvey Birdman is this failed superhero guy who is now an attorney, hes not very good but for some reason he wins. The series is basically him representing various Hanna Babarra characters. Like for example, Shaggy from Scooby Doo being in court on dope charges and so forth.

The earlier episodes were pretty good but then it kinda went downhill.

Your not serious? haha how funny

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
It's one of the bizarre comedy shows that Adult Swim (Cartoon Network's late-night programming) came up with. I loved it during the first season or so.

Various clips:

robi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I just found out about this game from Wiifanboy. I can't believe I missed it! I love Phoenix Wright and Harvey Birdman. Phil is easily my favorite character, especially since he is voiced by Stephen Colbert

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it could be decent, and here's why:

Trauma Center wasn't a bad port/wii-make to the Wii, neither was RE4. I'm curious if they'll bring over PW/GS for a "Wiimake" and perhaps put the first 3 titles together into a megagame (that'd be about right gameplay wise, 30 hrs or so, add a couple Wii functionality things like they did for the DS version of PW/GS... I think it'd sell very well, I'd buy the series a second time to live it out shouting in front of my TV!

Cinq stated in a recent interview ideas about bringing Another Code and Hotel Dusk to the Wii, or at least characters from Hotel Dusk, stating a certain retired detective might have to make a return
wink.gif
Bradley's story anyone? Let's hope!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Oop, gotta hide. :rofl2::shy: