Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You brought my hopes up of info about the Res Evil reboot D:
I am disappoint...
Please no... not a reboot.

Those used to be fun, but aren't anymore. All they need to do is make a game about a T-Virus outbreak in a fun location - no parasites, no bullshit and it'll be fine.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please no... not a reboot.

Those used to be fun, but aren't anymore. All they need to do is make a game about a T-Virus outbreak in a fun location - no parasites, no bullshit and it'll be fine.
I thought it was confirmed that there was a reboot?
I was hoping it would be going back to the roots of the original Resident Evil, because the current storyline is so convoluted and ridiculous I'd much rather them reboot the series.
It shouldn't be too hard for them to reboot back to the roots with, as you said, only the T virus and no other ridiculous parasites and whatnot...

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I thought it was confirmed that there was a reboot?
God, I completely forgot about that announcement... yeah, you're right, I remember they were considering releasing one.

I was hoping it would be going back to the roots of the original Resident Evil, because the current storyline is so convoluted and ridiculous I'd much rather them reboot the series.
Yeah, I suppose they could use a change of setting. That being said, I'm one of those people who say the mechanics were improved - fixed camera may have been okay back in the days but free camera is much, much better. The "rub things against things to get more things even when it makes no sense" mechanics were also removed, thank god for that. All they need to do know was include some more puzzles and the games would be stellar once more.

It shouldn't be too hard for them to reboot back to the roots with, as you said, only the T virus and no other ridiculous parasites and whatnot...
The parasites were fine in Resident Evil 3, where they made sense:

STORY SPOILERS! BEWARE!
Nemesis was a new and exciting B.O.W - thanks to the inclusion of the parasite, it remained intelligent despite the physiological effects of the T-Virus - in tandem, the two things could co-exist and it worked great. When the parasites replaced the T-Virus altogether and you began fighting some weird creatures rather than zombies and B.O.W's, stuff that looked like monsters from "The Thing" rather than the standard assortment of enemies, it lost a lot of its charm. The T-Virus mutates the victim, but in a very specific fashion, the parasites used to include tentacles tops - I'd understand if it was the G-Virus causing all this crazy stuff because it was much more random and less benign than T, but... it's not - it's the parasites these days, at least in the games I played, and that's pretty plot-breaking.

Reactions: chavosaur

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.