Chief Editor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Capcom of Japan is planning a livestream on Monday, May 20. The livestream will be two hours long, and will be featuring 3 upcoming games; Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies (Gyakuten Saiban 5), Lost Planet 3, and the new HD port of Resident Evil Revelations.

Here is the link to the livestream; http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv133720895

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You brought my hopes up of info about the Res Evil reboot D:
I am disappoint...
Please no... not a reboot.

Those used to be fun, but aren't anymore. All they need to do is make a game about a T-Virus outbreak in a fun location - no parasites, no bullshit and it'll be fine.

chavosaur

Austin Trujillo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please no... not a reboot.

Those used to be fun, but aren't anymore. All they need to do is make a game about a T-Virus outbreak in a fun location - no parasites, no bullshit and it'll be fine.
I thought it was confirmed that there was a reboot?
I was hoping it would be going back to the roots of the original Resident Evil, because the current storyline is so convoluted and ridiculous I'd much rather them reboot the series.
It shouldn't be too hard for them to reboot back to the roots with, as you said, only the T virus and no other ridiculous parasites and whatnot...

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I thought it was confirmed that there was a reboot?
God, I completely forgot about that announcement... yeah, you're right, I remember they were considering releasing one.

I was hoping it would be going back to the roots of the original Resident Evil, because the current storyline is so convoluted and ridiculous I'd much rather them reboot the series.
Yeah, I suppose they could use a change of setting. That being said, I'm one of those people who say the mechanics were improved - fixed camera may have been okay back in the days but free camera is much, much better. The "rub things against things to get more things even when it makes no sense" mechanics were also removed, thank god for that. All they need to do know was include some more puzzles and the games would be stellar once more.

It shouldn't be too hard for them to reboot back to the roots with, as you said, only the T virus and no other ridiculous parasites and whatnot...
The parasites were fine in Resident Evil 3, where they made sense:

STORY SPOILERS! BEWARE!
Nemesis was a new and exciting B.O.W - thanks to the inclusion of the parasite, it remained intelligent despite the physiological effects of the T-Virus - in tandem, the two things could co-exist and it worked great. When the parasites replaced the T-Virus altogether and you began fighting some weird creatures rather than zombies and B.O.W's, stuff that looked like monsters from "The Thing" rather than the standard assortment of enemies, it lost a lot of its charm. The T-Virus mutates the victim, but in a very specific fashion, the parasites used to include tentacles tops - I'd understand if it was the G-Virus causing all this crazy stuff because it was much more random and less benign than T, but... it's not - it's the parasites these days, at least in the games I played, and that's pretty plot-breaking.

Reactions: chavosaur

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • KimKong @ KimKong:
    Start is "ENTER"
    +1
  • KimKong @ KimKong:
    B is "Z"
    A is "X"
    +1
  • KimKong @ KimKong:
    Thanks for the props @Costello
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    I think theirs a section in the forum for gba home few games could share it their
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Homebrew*
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Oh looks like you have already
  • KimKong @ KimKong:
    Yup! Now that I think about - I'm n
    ot sure if it's in the right section tho...?
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Eh they'll just tell you or move it no biggie
    +1
  • banjo2 @ banjo2:
    @CPG SO true
  • Costello @ Costello:
    @kenenthk : there are no longer blue mods. They're all global mods now :)
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Can't always know where to park
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    @ Costello thinking of adding a new generation I noticed most are green
  • Xzi @ Xzi:
    Well-executed concept in your game, @KimKong . Music's pretty great too!
    +1
  • KimKong @ KimKong:
    @Xzi Thanks for the feedback! I'm planing to make alot more music for each of the levels, so it don't get so repetitive! And working on some graphical upgrade ideas!
    +1
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Do you use 8bit equipment for the music and FL studio
  • RichardTheKing @ RichardTheKing:
    I did notice one particularly bad bit of text formatting (and minor typo): in the UFO fight, when trying to shoot at the bottom, it says "Looks like the UFO have some kinda shield" - "has" is better. Also, the very next text box has "L et's try shooting the top instead!" with a line break in the word "Let's".
    +1
  • RichardTheKing @ RichardTheKing:
    Oh, and I have no idea how to get past this gap - it's too close to the roof. https://imgur.com/A2mYGPy
    +1
  • KimKong @ KimKong:
    @kenenthk I used OpenMPT to make all the music. My brother will be helping out with some more tunes in the future!
  • KimKong @ KimKong:
    @RichardTheKing Thank you so much for pointing out that dialog bug!! I never noticed it while finishing up these new boss fights..

And that gap on that level should be close enough to jump if you run? I might have to lower that platform a bit maybe?
    +1
  • KimKong @ KimKong:
    Thanks so much for the feedback!! You are awesome!!
  • DrunkenMonk @ DrunkenMonk:
    RIP GBA section 2021 :cry:
  • Darth Meteos @ Darth Meteos:
    Has the GBA section been removed? :O
  • KimKong @ KimKong:
    Wait WHAT???
  • Undwiz @ Undwiz:
    I'll be banned after this My Wife passed away 3 months ago , We have 3 kids. Living in a Motel right now . I make enough for a place but need a deposit.... Please help share the word. paypal.me/jdcass82 Sorry , I'll take the Ban if need be , just trying to get a home and out this Motel ... Need to get My Kids out of this place.
    Undwiz @ Undwiz: I'll be banned after this My Wife passed away 3 months ago , We have 3 kids. Living in a Motel...